Brian Brown Scores Podium Finish During All Star Show at Selinsgrove

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - SELINSGROVE, Pa. (Sept. 17, 2018) - Brian Brown put himself in position to battle for feature victories last weekend in Central Pennsylvania.

Brown opened the weekend on Friday at Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, where he qualified second quickest and gained a position to finish third in a heat race. He then lined up fifth for the A Main.

94dc00af-d8be-4e9a-b61e-e41ff48bb492.jpg
"We were quickest hot lapping and second quick in qualifying," he said. "I felt like we'd have a decent shot in the feature. Chad and Michael did a good job of coming up with a game plan. It's such a unique track in the way it's configured. Trying to get me to realize it's not going to feel like we're at Knoxville is part of it. We have to get the car the best we can. It's a driver's track. You have to drive different than other places in the country. I think we're gaining on it."

Unfortunately, Mother Nature intervened and the feature rained out right after it started.

Brown then headed to Selinsgrove Speedway on Saturday for the Jim Nace Memorial/National Open, which he won last year. This time Brown qualified second quickest to kick off the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions show. He then advanced a position to finish second in a heat race before maneuvering from third to second in a dash.

"We hit the ground running last year and this year was no different," he said. "The track fits my driving style. Sometimes when you're that good in the dash you don't make as many adjustments in the feature. We felt like our car was really, really good in the dash. I think that's maybe why we missed it a little in the feature. We didn't want to make too many changes and hurt our chances."

Brown lined up on the outside of the second row for the main event.

"I got a really good start and got the lead and slid across," he said. "Ryan (Smith) was able to drive back underneath me. The first 10 or 15 laps I was maintaining the same pace. Once we got to traffic I thought it'd depend on how we got through there. I started moving around trying to find a little extra. That allowed Freddie Rahmer to get a run and pass me. One lap later the caution came out. With these cars it's a huge difference in running second or third. When that yellow came out that hurt my chances to win. Those guys had a good race side by side for a few laps after that. Overall, we ended up third and we were running comparable times to those guys in the end so that was a positive."

Brown is scheduled to resume competition this Thursday at BAPS Motor Speedway in Newberrytown, Pa. He will then race on Friday at Williams Grove Speedway, which will hold the make-up feature from last Friday's rainout along with a full program, before the weekend concludes on Saturday at Lincoln Speedway in Abbottstown, Pa., for the 5th annual Dirt Classic.

"We're looking forward to it," he said. "I felt like we were good enough to win last year at BAPS Motor Speedway. Getting two more shots at Williams Grove will be great as well. Lincoln is a wild card for us. We went there last year and were pretty good early, but not as good as we needed come feature-time."

QUICK RESULTS -

Sept. 14 - Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pa. - Qualifying: 2; Heat race: 3 (4); Feature: Rained Out (5).

Sept. 15 - Selinsgrove Speedway in Selinsgrove, Pa. - Qualifying: 2; Heat race: 2 (3); Dash: 2 (3); Feature: 3 (4).

SEASON STATS -

52 races, 8 wins, 25 top fives, 28 top 10s, 36 top 15s, 42 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Thursday at BAPS Motor Speedway in Newberrytown, Pa.; Friday at Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pa., and Saturday at Lincoln Speedway in Abbottstown, Pa., for the 5th annual Dirt Classic

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrianBrown21

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Brian-Brown-Racing-200630163294222/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Winters Performance Products

Winters Performance Products is a family-owned company that has been in business since 1958. It specializes in rear ends and builds products for the entire auto racing industry. For more information, visit http://www.WintersPerformance.com .

"We've been very fortunate to work with great partners like Winters Performance Products," Brown said. "They make all of our rear ends. We're lucky to have a good partner that builds a good quality piece that puts our 900 horsepower to the ground."

Brown would also like to thank Casey's General Stores, FVP, Impact Signs, Awnings, Wraps, Champion Brands, MC Power, Weld Wheels, Rams Racing, Ditzfeld Transfer, Maxim Racing, Fischer Body Shop, Smiley's Racing Products, J.D. Welding & Machine, MSD Ignition, Housby, Next LED Sports, Hope for the Warriors, Factory Kahne Shocks, C & M Lawn & Landscape, Arctic Cat, Lincoln Electric, K&N Filters, www.HostIowa.net, FSR Racing Products, Ti64, ATL Tanks, Wolfe Eye Clinic, Bell Helmets, Hinchman Uniforms, Clem's Helmets, Vortex Wings, Penray, All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, AkzoNobel, Kenny's Components, Snap-On Tools, Rod End Supply, KSE Racing Products, Winters Performance, Cometic Gaskets, Donovan, ISC Racers Tape, Kinsler Fuel Injection, Racing Optics, 5-hour ENERGY, Hoosier Tires, NGK Spark Plugs, XYZ Machining, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Red Devil Brakes, Schoenfeld Headers, 6B Apparel, Garrett Racing Engines and Fortress Wealth Management for their continued support.

Back