Briggs Animal Limited Modified

liquidqwik

Justin Anderson
Seems like this would be a good engine for the outlaw class at Bedrock. I know you can run pretty much whatever you want, or whatever the UAS rules are, but this seems like a good engine for that class. I'm not saying it should be the only engine allowed, I'm just curious if people think it would be a competitive engine at Bedrock. Any thoughts???

That's what I was thinking. They make good power, but they don't make too much power. Plus, they are pretty reliable engines from what I hear.

Hey prepman I dont tink they would compete with the outlaw class, I have run against some before If you were to go with a animal you would have to go full blown open & I still think you would need more.If you want to go over head go with a 305 I have run against a coulple & they were impresive but not as relyable as a flat head. at least not yet!!! but thats just my opinion

Over & Out!!!!

Hey Scott, what do you mean by full blown open? I'm trying to familiarize myself with these type of engines. After watching the limited amimal class at Tunica I was impressed. They seemed to make good power and those boys were hooked up. Where did you race against them at? How big was the track? Did you feel like you had significantly more power than them?

Justin

Prepman, I like that! :D

animal

they should just run out of the box. do they run good stock? just wondering, may be a good class for people who dont have money to have fast flatheads rebuilt all the time. like a motor you could run all year without a rebuild. I've become interested in these motors after looking up some info on them.

kutter you wont be able to police the out of the box engine unless the track provides the engine. The person who takes their (out of the box engine) and has it brought up to spec aka rebuilt to stock. will out run your out of the box engine jmo I seen this happen in WKA gold cup sprint racing. JMO :)

There is a guy building animals that is suppose to be supercharged upwards of 80 hp. Now that sounds like me. Ill try to find a website for it. We heard about it when we were at Tunica. As far as box stock there can be a difference of 1 hp out of the box between motors. A good animal will run ya $900 to $1100 and yes you can run them all year, but they take alot of maintanence and better carry a spare carb with ya, very sensitive motor. and better have alot of rogaine because you will pull your hair out at times with it (speaking with experience on that one lol)

PrepMan any class that has the word limited in it has rules , limited motified , limited animal,these classes all have restrictions on what you can do to them to meet the rules, such as cu/in limits, valve size, carb size, stroke limit, port size, some times cam lift & duration , A WKA flat head open for example has no rules "except" cu/in limit of 14.5 cu/in. I have not seen a WKA tech book in a couple of years but I'll bet when its a limited animal it will have stock valves, & have stock stroke, stock rocker ratio's.A full blown open has no rules what ever you could stuff in it, such as a WKA5 horse open has 14.5 cu/in , the last 5 horse I built had about 21 cu/in, a stock star about 22 cu/in a full blown open star 27 to 29 cu/in, In my opinion bringing a limited animal to run with the opens at bedrock would be like bringing a bat to a gun fight. Im not saying it would not work but you would be at a huge disadvantage, I have seen some one run a 14.8 cu/in win against some stars & big blockzilla, but he was at a big disatvantage on the starts & restarts, it took him about 2-3 laps to after either to get caught up, but he just plain out handled everyone. but as I said before it just my opinion.

As far as dependablitly of a animal, I have done some home work on building a open out of one they do make more HP & torque per cu/in than a flat head but just until recently no one had the parts to build a OHV big enough to compete with a big flat head, & dependabiltily
has been a huge problem for them mainly in the valvetrain area, & blowning the jug off the block, there is huge potential for more HP & torque, but there is still a dependability problem. its better to finish competive everynight than to break with an advantage. But again that just my opinion!! Some day in the near future I will get around to building a big 305 & then I,ll let you know for sure.
Over & out !!

What is the weight rule for the Outlaw class at Bedrock? Is there a weight break for the smaller engines?

360 is correct I tried to talk to everone about going to UAS rules for wieght & engine combos to help level the field like most others are using, but the little guys with big engines cried about having to add wieght. Go figure!!!! hey!!

who was that guy in post #11 with the small motor? Was he running slicks on front?
He must of been on one of those phantom karts.I bet it didnt take quite 3 laps to catch up. I bet he had a darrrnnn good engine builder.

He was just some Part time driver with 1 hell of a engine builder who had a lucky night with some good tire prep!!!, I'm pretty sure the rest of that season all he saw was the back of the almighty Ghostkiller!!!! Shamrock!!!! pulling away!!!!

Over & out!!

Well, after watching the limited animal class and the open class this weekend at DuQuoin, I would have to agree with Scott 'The Engine Builder' Baur's assessment of the disadvantage on the restarts. The limited animal class and the open class were running almost the same lap times all day long. Although, the limited animal engine just wouldn't run with open engines on the starts. It was obvious if they were to combine the classes the limited animal would be at a disadvantage. I have to say though, none of them had a chance against the guy with the two stroke when he got hooked up.

Hey Ole Crow Kart, where you been? :p

Well Magpie there has always been a wieght rule of 360lbs & I agree it really doesnt make a difference to me as I can only get down to about 415 or so any way but in the past there have been people crying about the wieght rule, I wouldnt care if it was down to your class of 340 or 320 Magpie, I was merely awnsering a question that was asked But it does say in the WKA rule book a wieght of 360lbs for the open class.
Thanks for your cooperation!!!!

Over & out!! :D :D :D

Back