Bristol Rookie

#32DML

Making my first trip to the race track. We are staying in White Pine, TN about 75 miles from the race track. How bad is the trip into and out of the speedway before and after the races. We are planning to attend both the Busch and Cup race.

don't be in any knd of a hurry to leave, for the nextel race, they lock down the parking lots for about an hour and let them out in a certian order. This is done for saftey concerns, if you can imagine 80000 people leaving at once from a 1/2 mile track.

Try over 160,000 people, not 80,000. I stayed in Seveirville once, about 90 miles away, it took over 4 hours each race. The only way to really enjoy Bristol, is to camp!!!!

Yes get a early early headstart if you are not camping by the track and just bring some stuff to tailgate with once your are there to kill some time

I'm Sure Dirtgirl Can Tell You All About It. She Is A Bristol Veteran!

I love going to Bristol. We camp right off the track. I have never been stuck in traffic there but I can suggest trying to get to the track about 4- 6 hours before the race then tool around the flea markets ( all racing stuff ) or tailgating and watch the traffic flow in. Then after the races I would BBQ and throw out a lawn chair and use a cooler as a coffee table. Cause you will be there for awhile. :) There are some super hwys through there now.
Not like the old days when you drove through the 2 lane road through Blountville to get there. You will "LOVE" this place. Getting into the track the lines can be long. Have your stuff in a clear bag and have your coolers open when you get to the gate to make it quicker and easier for you as well... Have good walking shoes because you are going to walk up and down up and down up and down the Mountians a gazillion times. Take plenty of juice to keep you refreshed because August it is hotter than hot there. Plenty of sun screen as well...... Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip. You will be ruint once you go to Bristol. It is an AWESOME PLACE to go.......
P.S. I am very very jealous :)

I have season tickets, There is a 99% chance, that I will not be going this year. I've offered them to a friend of mine first, and have yet to hear a final answer. If he don't take them, I will post them on here. If anyone is interested, speak-up, but don't hold your breath, just yet!:D

We have been going for the spring and fall race both busch and Cup for the last 13 years (52 races).

We get there an hour before the start and we walk 2 miles. However, we are able to drive right in, we come in the back way and drive right past all the exits 95% of the people use. I cant remember the exit name because we go by what it looks like at this point, I think it is exit 483????

Getting out, you need to move!!!!!!! We again take a back way out but it is not the same way we come in.

We stay in Pigion Forge about 20 mins off the highway. We get to the track in about 1 1/2 hours and its takes us only 1 hour to get back if you leave right after the race.

Best race ever, I will never miss a race.

Back