Brownstown...What a joke!!!

letsgoracing

Brownstown this weekend was the biggest joke ever!!!
Big $3000 payout for Street Stock...............NOT!!! Not even close. Dropped that right down to $1000 cause of car count. They still had over half of the car count and dropped purst by more than half......??????????????
I dont see how anyone made any money this weekend there. It cost on an average car $400-$500, just to race(including pit passes, entry fees, and gas). You would have had to finished 1st or 2nd just to break even. For eveyone else................YOU GOT SCREWED. And all other classes had more than they expected, still paid $50 pit passes. So tell me why they had to drop the purse that much. I guess Charlie needed some extra money in his wallet!!!!!!!!!!
Charlie would not even tell the drivers what the purse was going to be before they raced. Probably cause he knew drivers who were in the back would just pull in if they were 8th spot and back. Why waste gas and wear on your tires.
I really think the show this year was a waste of everyone's time and money. Could have stayed at local tracks and made more money.

Oh I agree with that....it just ****s the drivers got screwed so bad. I would think that since the 2 day show got cancelled to a one day show they would refund half of the pit passes, since they cut the purse. I dont know Charlie personally but from what i understand this isnt the first time he has screwed drivers like this. I guess you have to learn from your mistakes, and that is not to go to Highland or Brownstown for big shows.
And before anyone says anything I know this isnt the only time this has happened and its not the only track this has happened on.

Alot of tracks drop the purse as they did at macon friday night, because the cars dont show up, if the cars dont show up to support them, often times they have to...so Charlie isnt the only one to ever do this. It sounds like it could have been a great show if he would have got the cars, but i guess not enough guys were interested in the 3,000 to win. Its sad that he has to cut the purse for the guys who showed up, but he cant just magically make the money appear, remember its not just the drivers that they have to pay. Im not taking sides, i am just saying that maybe more drivers should go and support the specials that the promoters take time to do, then everyone would be happy.

Also this wasnt just a sportsman special so he did have to pay for more than just one class, and it was probably a pretty good payout. And if he didnt get as many cars in each class, that would make him cut the purse more..at least he paid out quite a bit more than on a weekly show. It sounds like it was a good night of racing other than all the money talk.

I Understand Your Point. Maybe Tracks Should Get Together And Not Have 3 Or 4 Tracks Running Specials On The Same Nights. I Understand This Is A Holiday Weekend, But Man They Are Cutting Their Own Throats By Doing It This Way. They Are Also Pissing Drivers Off.
Maybe Instead Of Making It A 40 Car Count Purse They Should Lower Car Count And Start A Lower Purse. That Way Atleast The Drivers Know They Are Going To Get What Is Advertised.
Alot Drivers Spend Alot Of Money Going To These Races. Not Only Drivers But Their Fans, And Its A Big Slap In The Face When Things End Like They Did At Brownstown..

they cant refund the pit passes because there wasnt a way to tell who had a 1 day pass and a 2 day pass the passes were the same color and it coulda made more of a mess if he tried it the extra money from the pit passes went towards the purse.

WHAT?!?!?! They couldn't tell who bought a 1 day or 2 day pit pass??? How were they going to tell who got in the next day?!?! Sounds sorta fishy ...

Modifieds figured Charlie out real fast after the 1st or 2nd time he tried this stuff on them...

Charlie:
... Collect FULL pit pass for both days
... Collect FULL entry fee for every car

DRIVERS:
... Get a CUT purse ... NOT EVEN 1/3rd OF WHAT WAS PROMISED.

What a promoter needs to do is NOT count on the drivers to make his purse. If they want to run a special show, why should THEY not take the risk? If a promoter would PROMOTE it .. i.e. get sponsors, use part of HIS weekly "profit" and set it aside in case of a low turn out, pay out what is promised, etc. Then MAYBE the drivers would believe the flyers they get handed out to them and each year MORE drivers would show up to make the event what the promoter had envisioned.

The more drivers see promoters promise one thing and deliver another, the LESS likely drivers will go to these shows. JMO

Figure this one out:
76 total cars showed
$30 entry fee
$2280 in entry fees

76 Drivers
$50 pit passes just for drivers
$3800 just for drivers pit passes

Now I may be wrong but i figure each driver has atleast 2 pit crew members with pit passes.

152 crew members
$50 each crew pit pass
$7600 crew member pit passes

Right there is $13,680 he made. Now i know there were drivers who had more than 2 extra pit crew members. And, you have concession stand money, and grandstand money. I just dont understand why he couldnt keep purse.
If each driver spent $200 to go (which i know many drivers spent more) thats a total of over $15,000 dollars spent going to his race. Many drivers lost alot going to this race. Dont get me wrong many drivers loose money each time they race but they arent always expecting a higher pay out.

You also have to deduct overhead (insurance,lighting, labor, taxes,and advertising,) and several other things.

yep i know thats what im saying he had expenses as well could the purse still been made what kinda profit did he make i mean if he wanted to hold to his word for a 3000 payout was it even possible im sure if it was he would of done it!!

Well you know I understand that he may have not made much of a profit but are you telling me with the profits he makes each week that he couldnt have just kept his word. And why couldnt the drivers know what the purse was going to be before the race began. I guess its just turning out that most of the big shows are not meeting car count and are becoming a BIG joke.
I guess my suggestion is: Quit counting a large car count so you can keep your word. If more show up throw in an extra bonus or something. That way people dont travel to your track and spend lots of money to race for you, and get screwed. But then the problem would be no one will pay big money to go race for a small purse...............
J/M/O

Joke

Need4Speed said:
Alot of tracks drop the purse as they did at macon friday night, because the cars dont show up, if the cars dont show up to support them, often times they have to...so Charlie isnt the only one to ever do this. It sounds like it could have been a great show if he would have got the cars, but i guess not enough guys were interested in the 3,000 to win. Its sad that he has to cut the purse for the guys who showed up, but he cant just magically make the money appear, remember its not just the drivers that they have to pay. Im not taking sides, i am just saying that maybe more drivers should go and support the specials that the promoters take time to do, then everyone would be happy.

Also this wasnt just a sportsman special so he did have to pay for more than just one class, and it was probably a pretty good payout. And if he didnt get as many cars in each class, that would make him cut the purse more..at least he paid out quite a bit more than on a weekly show. It sounds like it was a good night of racing other than all the money talk.

Macon told the guys what they were running for before the drivers ever hit the track. I know because I was at the meeting! Charlie didn,t tell the drivers. A few guys loaded up at Macon, but it was thier choice not to run for less money.We had 7 people in our pit at Btown with 2 day passes counting the driver. That 7x50 + $60 entry= $410 from our pit alone!!! What pisses us off is Charlie didn,t tell anyone what we were racing for. If we knew he was gonna hack on the pay like that we would have loaded up and left.

This is directly off the the website

SPECIAL SHOW: Street Stocks $3,000 to win (based on 40-car field)

Also Racing: Bombers $1,000 to win (based on 40-car field)

Hornets $500 to win (based on 25-car field)

If this happened at B-Town is there a chance it could happen at Highland $3000.00 show it does not say based on a car count for Highlands show.

It is understood that the purse was based on car count but why cut it like they did. They had 28 cars and that is more than half expected. But the purse was cut more than half. That is why they didnt tell the drivers the purse, cause they cut it so much. If they would have told the drivers what the cut would be then they would have had the opportunity to leave if they didnt like the cut. Drivers assumed that it wouldnt be cut by that much since they were only short 12 cars.
Anyways, I would assume Charlie will do the same thing at the Highland Show. Wonder how many people will go to find out??????????????

It Should Be Cut By %. If He Got 75% Of The Mandatory Car Count. He Should Have Only Cut It By 25%. That Is How It Should Have Been Advertised. Then The Racers Know What They Can Expect.

see what i had to say. If they did a 75% cut, a lot of guys would have got $150 to start and I would have gotten $1000 i guess. That would have been great for me but not that great for the guys that had problems.

Pooterz_68 said:
If this happened at B-Town is there a chance it could happen at Highland $3000.00 show it does not say based on a car count for Highlands show.

The Payouts for the 9/25 show at Highland Speedway are GUARANTEED payouts.

Thank you.

Back