Bruton smith here's an idea

20racer

20racer
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT BUILDING A COOKIE CUTTER MILE AND A HALF TRACK WHERE THE OLD CHRYSLER PLANT SITS? 300 ACRES JUST SITTING THERE, THAT WOULD BE A GREAT BOOST FOR THE STATE OF MISSOURI AND THE FENTON AREA. JUST A THOUGHT.:cool:

That will be to much noise, I think they should put in a Airport....

Sorry could not pass that up.

No one in their right mind would build a race track, especially with a NASCRAP date in mind. JMO, but NASCRAP has run its course, ruined its self and no matter what they try, will not regain its former glory.

Did you know Bruton Smith looked at Stl area years ago to put a track down ! But the city officials and the county officials were so worried about getting a football team and building a stadium that the tax payers had to pay for. They truly dropped the ball to something tax payers do not have to pay for and it is better revenue better than the footbal could ever bring in ! They did not make an effort ! So Bruton on his quest went to Texas and they treated him like a KING ! And we know the rest of the story !

No one in their right mind would build a race track, especially with a NASCRAP date in mind. JMO, but NASCRAP has run its course, ruined its self and no matter what they try, will not regain its former glory.
A-MAN brother, give me dirt & drags anyday!

Did you know Bruton Smith looked at Stl area years ago to put a track down ! But the city officials and the county officials were so worried about getting a football team and building a stadium that the tax payers had to pay for. They truly dropped the ball to something tax payers do not have to pay for and it is better revenue better than the footbal could ever bring in ! They did not make an effort ! So Bruton on his quest went to Texas and they treated him like a KING ! And we know the rest of the story !

If I remember properly, Smith pretended to look at St. Louis just to get a better price on land in Texas. Wasn't Ross Perot involved in getting the track in Texas some how? That was a long time ago and it's hard to remember.

The bottom line the people in Texas did what it took to get a track and we blew them off here in St. Louis! I has been many years back I don't recall all the details either !

Winter racing in the Edward Jones Dome...now that is a great idea. We already know the ventilation system is up to date with how bad the Rams Stunk that place up!!

Bruton actually looked at greenville but our good for nothing city council decided it wouldnt be a good choice for our town but i guess they didnt look at the extra tax revenue that would be coming in and now we dont have any racing except the 1/4 midgets

I looked on Google Earth at the Chrysler Plant property, and there's just not enough room. I drew an approximate path that was a touch longer than 1.5 miles, that could account for stands, etc., and there is not enough area for parking. Not even close.

but a track like that would bring in alot more revenue than drug and pregnancy fest (agape) as far as im concerned agape can leave and bring back dirt racing

I think the St. Louis Metro area has shown it's not interested in having any big time Nascar events. The lack of support for the Nationwide and Camping World Series has resulted in Gateway not renewing it's circle track race dates for 2011. It's too bad, because they have had some very exciting finishes there. However, the track doesn't really advertise much, and if you don't have at least ten Cup drivers racing, no casual race fan will show up anywhere in the country for a non-cup event.
I think it's a real loss for the region to lose three nationally televised events, maybe four if they also dump the NHRA drag racing (no word as of now).
I do believe that if Bruton were involved with the facility, his organizational and promotional skills could make the difference, as the current owners ( Dover Motorsports, Inc. ) haven't made much of an effort in that regard.

i have to agree with the last poster. i understand that this is a business, and, for any business to survive, it has to bring in a certain amount of revenue. apparently it isnt meeting that quota.i can recall some of the former people in charge, and they have been racers, or at least have some knowledge/understanding of what racers want/need in a facility. often, that contradicts what the corporate 'bean counters' want... so, there seems to be somewhat of a revolving door at the top level. bean counters always win. they look at the bottom line, and little else. they sit in an office behind a computer screen, and have no clue what it takes to appeal to the racers. racers want to go to a facility that meets their needs and expectations. bean counters want to cut out what they dont deem necessary.there is the problem. hate to see its possible demise, but until they stick with someone that understands this, AND THEN LEAVE HIM ALONE TO DO HIS/HER JOB, then the place is pretty much static.

i had really good seats there the first 5 years....just like a talledega, i got sick of all the corporate influence...pushin credit cards....big over the top advertising for unrelated products...high cost merchandise.......pushin the campers further&further away from the track for the day parking...just to pile more & more people into the racetrack, but its never enough...they gotta get bigger & bigger crowds so they can meet the bottom line...blah blah blah.....how did all the old tracks stay open all those years only pulling in 50-100k people ??....food prices are ridiculous and it was always steaming hot and there weren't even drinking fountains for the fans so you can actually get a drink to ward off heat exhaustion or dehydration...that shows how much they care about the fans.....of course you can buy a bottle of water for $5 if you want......had parking passes and the last year i went, the parking area was full so we had to park way up the road and walk.......good riddance...stick a fork in it.....now i spend my money traveling to alot more dirt race tracks all over the country....much rather spend it that way

Back