Bush League

ac04

I like Eddy Dixon and Bobby Bittle but my goodness what they did tonight was not racing. Eddy is a legend and deserves every bit of recognition that he gets but what he did to Steffens was horrible. And Bobby Bittle has been the most consistant driver at Pevely and deserves to be number 1 in points but Wolfmeier was taken out by Bittle point blank I'd like to hear someone say something different. And when I saw the sportsman guy get black flagged in the feature I thought where in the heck was that flag in the other two features. Both drivers are better than what I saw tonight. JMO

ac04 said:
I like Eddy Dixon and Bobby Bittle but my goodness what they did tonight was not racing. Eddy is a legend and deserves every bit of recognition that he gets but what he did to Steffens was horrible. And Bobby Bittle has been the most consistant driver at Pevely and deserves to be number 1 in points but Wolfmeier was taken out by Bittle point blank I'd like to hear someone say something different. And when I saw the sportsman guy get black flagged in the feature I thought where in the heck was that flag in the other two features. Both drivers are better than what I saw tonight. JMO
I agree to a certain extent. I DID see Dixon put Steffens in the wall, what a hit he took! From my angle in the stands I think Dixon could have let off and avoided what happened. As far as Bittle, I didn't see the whole thing. All I saw was Wolfmeier spinning on the back straight. I know when Bittle drove in the pits to weigh his car Wolfmeier went to his window and had a few things to say to him. Just going on what I saw happen. :confused:

I'll have to say, there was some pretty inconsistant officiating Saturday night.
Guess alot of it depends on who you are.

First Late mod heat, Dennis grabs the black flag about halfway through the race, doesn't wave it but shows it to his Dad when fluid came from the front end, but he continues to race. Haven't seen him do it to others to keep them from hurting their engine.

Then you have the Dixon-Steffens incident. Happens on the front stretch in front of Dennis, Steffens out, Dixon stays in his spot??

Wolfmeier- Bittle incident. Slide jobs buy both people a couple of times, Wolfmeier gets turned around, Bittle comes in after the race to weigh and is met by Wolfmeier's team pounding on Bittle's car with a tire iron. Turn 4 official and scale official see it and act on it while Allieds president is looking at it but does'nt see it when later asked??

4 car pile up in Mod feature, Dennis Richards has to go to the back because he caused it, yet he was past the start-finish line when the pile up happened in turn 4. He did run over one of the cars tires but he continued on. I've seen that happen alot but never called like this.

Then the Sportsman guy getting black flagged after all the other incidents tht happened throughout the night??

I'm not perfect, but I thought the rules should be enforced across the board.
Everyone wants to see good racing and fair decisions, and I realize as a human you can only see so much. But again, A official in the stands or in the tower above all the other officials that can see all this might help in making the decision right.
JMO!!!!

THE 16 OF KENNEDY WAS ON THE HIGH SIDE AND SPUN IT. HE CAME DOWN ACROSS THE TRACK AND GOT INTO THE #21 OF RICHARDS. THERE WAS NO WHERE FOR DENNIS TO GO. THEY MADE CONTACT AND DENNIS KEPT GOING. THEN A COUPLE OTHER CARS WERE COLLECT INTO IT. SO NO, THE #21 SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT TO THE REAR. BAD CALL!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I disagree about Dixon. He was ahead of Steffins and might have thought he was clear and they hit.MAYBE Steffins should have slowed down abit when he saw Dixon coming up . Its a shame it happen to Steffins and I hope everythings ok but it wasnt Dixon fault!!!!!!!! End of discussion......................

upsmanluvracin said:
I disagree about Dixon. He was ahead of Steffins and might have thought he was clear and they hit.MAYBE Steffins should have slowed down abit when he saw Dixon coming up . Its a shame it happen to Steffins and I hope everythings ok but it wasnt Dixon fault!!!!!!!! End of discussion......................

I'm confused! Your one sentence says that Dixon was ahead of Steffens and then your next sentences says that "Steffens should have slowed down abit when he saw Dixon coming up". So if Steffens saw Dixon "coming up", doesn't that mean Dixon was behind him????

Also, why should any driver slow down abit when another one is coming up behind him or fixing to give him a slide job? If you try to pass and slide, it is not up to the driver you are doing this to let off the gas! Ask Tony Stewart---he tried it a couple of times at Pevely and one driver he did this to did not let off the gas! and why should he?

race watcher said:
I'm confused! Your one sentence says that Dixon was ahead of Steffens and then your next sentences says that "Steffens should have slowed down abit when he saw Dixon coming up". So if Steffens saw Dixon "coming up", doesn't that mean Dixon was behind him????

Also, why should any driver slow down abit when another one is coming up behind him or fixing to give him a slide job? If you try to pass and slide, it is not up to the driver you are doing this to let off the gas! Ask Tony Stewart---he tried it a couple of times at Pevely and one driver he did this to did not let off the gas! and why should he?
yes you are confused, Dixon was ahead of him, Steffins put the nose up on the rear panel of dixon car,so Dixon was ahead. If your gonna get slamed then dont you think to maybe get out of the situation and slow to get your nose out before you get hit. They dont have mirrors so how do you know if somebodys there when you pass them???????????????????????

Im a big admirer of Eddy's since the mod days and will still continue to wear my Dixon tshirt with pride because what happened saturday is not usual behavior but come on man if it was a hockey game then Dixon would of had the perfect check into the boards but this is racing and he punted him into the wall.

Real race fan-I didn't see Dennis but I saw Billy trying to get his dad off the track but that is there dad.

I didn't see it, but so what if Dennis and Billy tried to get Donnie off the track. How many times have you watched Billy run on the track and pull off sheet metal or looked over a car so a driver doesn't have to pull into the pits????? I've also watched Dennis motion a driver to get off the track for his or her own safety, and if you watched Klein's heat race you could see something was wrong by the way the car handled in the corners so maybe Dennis and Billy saw something. I would understand the complaint if they were telling him who was behind him or how big his lead was, but in this case for the safety reason they reacted the same as they would with another driver. That's just my opinion.

You are correct UMPMAN---they don't have mirrors---that is why you should not slide someone unless you know that you have them cleared! And NO I don't believe that another driver should let off just so another driver can complete their slide job on them! If you let off once, then the slider knows that you intimidate them and will continue to slide you, expecting you to let off each time! I love the slide job, when it is done clean.

This is the way I saw it. Ed was racing hard to come back to the front. Kyle was running his line, and was very fast. Ed was going by Kyle on the frontstraight, and he might have thought he was clear, but he just slammed Kyle into the wall. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Ed did punt steffens into the wall.

As far as the Wolfmeier and Bittle deal on the track, when you do a slide job on someone, sooner or later it's gonna bite you, and in most cases bite you hard. And thats exactly what happened.
I saw the incident saturday and it was plain and simple, Wolfmeier messed up BIG TIME. You don't do that unless you have them cleared. I just don't know what he was thinking. Then his car owner goes over and starts beating on Bittles car. He's lucky he didn't press charges against him.
So my point is from being a former driver myself, there was no way Bittle was at fault in that ordeal. I've raced with both drivers in the past, and never had a problem with either one, Wolfmeier just drove over his head with that slide job.

crash9 said:
This is the way I saw it. Ed was racing hard to come back to the front. Kyle was running his line, and was very fast. Ed was going by Kyle on the frontstraight, and he might have thought he was clear, but he just slammed Kyle into the wall. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Ed did punt steffens into the wall.
thanks , I guess thats what I was trying to say.Dixon is not that type of driver to put somebody in the wall like that. Steffins is getting more ausome to watch every race . I hope every things ok...

did anyone see the stupid slide move steffens pulled on dixon in the openning laps. eddie showed steffens a fender down the front straight, and the 8 car flew into the corner and slid right up in front of dixon who had a ton of momentum and couldn't avoid slammin the little boy in the @$$. could have been disaster for both. so i figure the 8 deserved at least some of the payback he got.

wow.I must of miss that but I dont think that Steffins would do it on purpose either. At lease I never saw him drive dirty yet.........

yeah, there was a hole in eddie's left front from it. i'm not saying eddie got into him on the front straight intentionally, but what goes around comes around usually. i've been watching steffens ever since he started running i55 and my opinion of him is he is a spoiled little boy. he's no justin algiare thats for sure. maybe when he grows up, he'll be made answer for his driving.

There are two things I dont like about the #8 driver- his driving and the crap that he has on the side of his trailor. Kids go to the races and that kind of stuff should not be allowed at a "G" rated show. He should park the thing at one of the strip clubs for advertisement.

You can tell that this kid does care about money. He runs too many racers over and abuses his own equipment.

Back