Buy Dale, Jr's boat.. will benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
by Jade Gurss, Dale Earnhardt, Inc.

CHARLOTTE, NC - Dale Earnhardt Jr. is offering his 33-foot luxury boat to the highest bidder in a charity auction to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Bidding details and more information is available at: http://www.ebay.com/dalejrwishboat or at the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s national Web site at www.wish.org. The charity auction began August 16, and and will conclude at 5 p.m. PST on August 26, 2004. Roundtrip airfare for two and two nights’ hotel accommodations will be provided by the Make-A-Wish Foundation to the winner. Bidding starts at $50,000, but the boat has been appraised at more than $118,000.

The winning bidder will meet Earnhardt Jr. at the Celebrity Sports Auction to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation in Charlotte, N.C., on September 21, 2004. Tickets to the Celebrity Sports Auction are available at www.celebritysportsauction.com.

Dale Jr. Quote:
“I’ve been involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation over the last several years. Throughout the year, we get to meet a lot of kids from across the country whose wish is to come to a NASCAR race and meet me. By putting my boat up for this auction, it will give more kids the opportunity to have their wishes come true. It’s a great cause, and I can’t wait to hand the keys off to the new owners of the boat.”

About the Make-A-Wish Foundation:
The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. It is the largest wish-granting charity in the world, with 75 chapters in the United States and its territories and 27 international affiliates on five continents. With the help of generous donors and more than 25,000 volunteers, the Make-A-Wish Foundation has granted more than 127,000 wishes to children around the world since 1980. For more information about the Make-A-Wish Foundation, visit www.wish.org.

Back