C.A.R.S. Late Models at P.I.R. Results

pedal2medal

When It Rains, It Pours
Tonight was full of action! There was 17 cars. I don't have my book with me, so don't quote me for all this, but it should be quite accurate, Let's start it off with heat #1. There was a lot of rubbing, but Jeff Walston came out with the win, barely, to Kevin Poole; Ray Emling Jr got third which rounded out half of your dash starters. Heat #2 went to Nick Lyons, but also had #7t (Tindle? Tindleman?) and Brent Burnett rounding out your top 3. The Dash was next, and it was action packed. Jeff Walston took the win of that, with Nick Lyons and 7t litterally tieing for 2nd, Kevin Poole finishing 4th, Brent Burnett 5th, and Ray Emling Jr rounding out the dash. Then, after the race, Lyons and 7t got rowdy on the track, making Lyons unable to run in the feature, and also leaving 7t with damage, but it was fixed before the feature, which bumped the outside row up one, Putting Brent Burnett starting 2nd, and Ray Emling Jr 4th. In the feature, Jeff Walston took that, barely. Im unsure of who got 2nd, or 3rd (sorry), but Rylan Dagg came from the pack and got 4th, Ray Emling Jr got 5th because of over-heating, and Rick Salter driving Daniel Heck's D55 car finishing 6th.

C.A.R.S. Crate Late Model Heat Race 1
Pos. Driver #
1 Kevin Poole 12
2 Jeff Walston 56
3 Ray Emling, Jr. 6
4 Bobby Melvin 59
5 Chad Burks 7
6 Rylan Dagg 52
7 Louie Baker, Jr. 71
8 Larry Hogancamp 7
9 Ronnie Franklin 7f

C.AR.S. Crate Late Model Heat Race 2
Pos. Driver #
1 John Tindal 7
2 Nick Lyons 2x
3 Brent Burnett B9
4 Danny Jolly U2
5 Rick Salter D55
6 Ricky Gilbert 227
7 Joe Mike 29
8 Phil Walker 2

RacingCorner.com Dash For Cash
C.A.R.S. Crate Late Model Dash
Pos. Driver #
1 Jeff Walston 56
2 Nick Lyons 2x
3 John Tindal 7
4 Brent Burnet B9
5 Kevin Poole 12

C.A.R.S. Crate Late Model Feature Race

The start of the race had Jeff Walston taking the lead over Kevin Poole, John Tindal and Ray Emling, Jr. Emling, Jr. took the third position over Tindal on lap three but Tindal battled back staying side by side with Emling, Jr.
On lap five the first yellow of the night fell for Rick Salter taking some damage to his D55 machine. On the restart Tindal took the third spot and challenged for the second position momentarily. There was three-way battle going on for the fifth place position. Danny Jolly, Rick Salter and Rylan Dagg duked it out for the position eventually ending with Dagg taking fifth, Salter taking sixth and Jolly falling to seventh.
Ricky Gilbert brought out the second caution of race after spinning on the backstretch. Rylan Dagg brought out the third caution on the restart when he jumped the start. Poole and Tindal closed up on Walston on the start to try to take over the lead positions, but Walston would prevail retaining his lead. By lap 16 the field had spread out and Walston was on his way to his 15th win of the season. Jeff Walston wrapped up the night with a $1,100 payday sweeping the night.

Back