cage work

dsmjunky

ok iam thing of getting in to the pro 4's..i have a friend that has a eclipse awd chase thats half caged and was wanting to see what iam looking at to get someone to bring the cage to spec..i know ill have to switch the motor and tranny out but other then that i need a net and the cage done and i think i am good to go..any info would be great as iam a newbie to this and i've wanted to do this for along time now

First, You'll have to remove the rear drive shaft. No AWD!

Second, Make sure you have triple bars in the drivers door. "I'm talking from first-hand experience!!!":eek:

Third, If your fuel tank is behind the rear axle, you'll need a fuel cell. Safety rule.

Fourth, When you get your belts, make sure they are within 3 or 4 years.
Date code rule.

Thats all I can think of right now. Hope this helps some!;):D

Rick Viviano 121V Driver:D

sounds

sounds like first you need to find a car ?!! if what you are looking at needs motor and trans changed out ,someone has Mickey moused 1/2 a cage and its AWD and thats illeagal first you need a car!! then check the rules at your local racetrack. Then spend your money on safety first ,,, good racing seat that fits your butt ,good suit that fits,helmet,gloves than a good cage with seat mounted to cage and newer belts mounted to cage. sometimes you can modify a late model cage to fit might save ya some cash too but safety is first and formost then speed :rolleyes:

the car i have was a drag car that we had and it was caged for that..i know i have to remove the rear end and that will be spare parts for the other one..also i have already taken the motor and tranny out as well..i know what i have to do to the car for the most part..i have another turbo awd that is my little street toy..iam just looking to see what iam going to spend for the cage to be set up for the dirt and then ill go from there..if not i will buy something already to go..thanks for the info guys and well see what happens

???

buy an old tube not stub latemodel you gotta change the bar to fit over the dash but they fit and work very well and a bent latemodel chassis is from $100.00 -300.00 and real safe stuff check out Road Warriors car !!!

The Cage

U can do that if u can weld and do the work but . I've seen some car,s racing that should not be ! RACING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to a professional who does cages in race cars as a full time job.... Why would you want something like this half a z z done ?????

Call Impessive Race Cars : Jumper can get you hooked up with some incredible cages!!!!!

well best i can rremember the only eclipse that was awd was the gsx there for it would be a dual cam with a trubo. to run as a pro-4 you would have to go to a single cam non turbo car. Also the gsx is 400lbs heavier than a gs or an rs and the eclipse is already a heavy car compaired to other pro-4's now you could go hornet racing with the dual cam but still cannot have a turbo. I would say to sell or trade for a cavalier or a neon and start from there. Jeff baldwin of balwin race engines can order you a cage for just about anything may even install it for you. you can look up baldwin race engines and get a number for them. good luck either way

well best i can rremember the only eclipse that was awd was the gsx there for it would be a dual cam with a trubo. to run as a pro-4 you would have to go to a single cam non turbo car. Also the gsx is 400lbs heavier than a gs or an rs and the eclipse is already a heavy car compaired to other pro-4's now you could go hornet racing with the dual cam but still cannot have a turbo. I would say to sell or trade for a cavalier or a neon and start from there. Jeff baldwin of balwin race engines can order you a cage for just about anything may even install it for you. you can look up baldwin race engines and get a number for them. good luck either way

trust me a know alot about these type of cars and the work i will have to do to make it up to spec..i was wanting to do it to the car i have to try and save some money but i think i will find something already set up like you said..iam not looking to throw alot on the first one..i also have to get a trail as well..well i guess we'll see what happens

Back