camaro/nova front a frames

bopper

bopper
Does anyone know what the advantage is to run the 67-69 camaro a frames on a metric sportsman and if it is worth the trouble and expense? Kenny

a'S

It figures to about 2.5 to 3 inches in width PER SIDE over the stock metric parts. It also requires using a camaro center link. Depending on the track, car, and driver abilities, IF you can use them, YES, they may be worth using. BigDaddyCrash Oh, and they also will lengthen your wheelbase by a couple inches.

Hey bopp,,also on the Novas lowers the left goes on the right,,and the right goes on the left,,,this is done to make the wheel base bigger!,i know Nullynski cars are done this way!

Thanks, I got the right front set up so far. I have an 84 camaro drag link but it makes the pitman arm and the idler arm not parrallel. I am sure the camaro drag link helps correct the bump steer but what is it messing up in ackerman? Also the steering will turn farther right than left this way. If that is ok I will keep moving forward. I have a very young driver and need all the handling benefits I can get. Thanks Kenny

Need a drag link off a Grand Prix or Regal model...78-86 i beleive..its pitched different and should get it more in line. Also..Hoffner is right on the lower control arm issue.

I have a parts list from steve smith that lists all the parts that work together for this front end. If you're interested, send me your email addy & I'll scan them to you this weekend. BigDaddyCrash

Back