Car Show

dirtracer1

Dirt Racing Is The Best!!
I SURE EXPECTED ALOT MORE CARS TO BE AT THE CAR SHOW. I GUESS IT IS STILL TO EARLY FOR MOST. THERE ARE SOME NICE LOOKING CARS THOUGH. sURE CANT WAIT TILL RACING GETS GOING ANYONE ELSE READY?

I have to agree with you dirtracer1. I was looking forward to seeing a lot more cars. I guess it is the suspense that keeps us going. Looking forward to opening night to see how many of them changed. There is still 3 weeks till racing at Farmington, a lot can be done to a car in 3 weeks. The suspense makes opening night more exciting just to see the different cars.

The Greenwalt team done a nice job. I was a little undecided on the skulls, but over all the car is sharp. Congrats to all of them.

I always liked the idea of having the car show before play day on the same day. That way you make one big day out of it instead of spreading it all out.

Not only should the car show and play day be on the same day but the week before opening night not 3 weeks. JMO

We Didn't Have Time For A Car Show!!!

We Raced West Plains "justin Stanfill Memorial" Thursday, Friday And Saturday *day And Then Raced The Bluff Sat Nite.

that is a good idea josh. they use to do that with fredericktown car show and the play day the same day.

Photos by "Fred Harl"

Here's a photo for you.....

Attachments

• Kasey Nations car1.JPG
    Kasey Nations car1.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 242
i was at the car show and i know my car wasn't there cause it aint done yet...:confused: ..should hopefully be done by race night :D..i also know that Randy's mod wont be ready for awhile i got to talking to him and it might be a few weeks after opening night before we see Forster in his mod..but the cars that were there did look good.JB

More photos from Fred...

Attachments

• Tubby Black 06 car1.JPG
    Tubby Black 06 car1.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Greenwalt1.JPG
    Greenwalt1.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Billy Ames1.JPG
    Billy Ames1.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Kent Buckley1.JPG
    Kent Buckley1.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Tommy Worley Sr1.JPG
    Tommy Worley Sr1.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Keith Burch1.JPG
    Keith Burch1.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 256
  • Henson sand1.JPG
    Henson sand1.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 183
  • kids in Shorts car1.JPG
    kids in Shorts car1.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 219
Winners included: (as voted on by the drivers)
Modifieds: Jeremy Greenwalt
Pure Street: Billy Ames (Chris Boyd)
Sprints: Steve Short
Best of Show: Kent Buckley

Is it just me or did Kasey Nations get screwed out of the modified trophy?? His looks looks absolutely awesome!!! Dont get me wrong, Greenwalts looked good, but it is nowhere close to looking as good as Kasey's!! Also, I just want to say, and I might opening a can of worms on this, but does anyone else think that Tubby Black just needs to plain and simple hang it up?? I mean, dont get me wrong, Tubby is an absolute ICON around here, he has raced a long, long time, but there has to come a time when you just have to think "He really needs to hang it up, not just for himself, but for the other racers around him"! I know I was at the track about 95% of the time last year and I cant tell you how many times he almost caused wrecks....it just isnt safe to race with him anymore. He doesnt make the A main anymore, plus, he's basically in everones way. Again, Im not on here to bash Tubby AT ALL....I have all the respect in the world for him, as a racer and as a person, but I do think he is gonna get in someones way this year and might be the effect of something bad...thats all Im gonna say!! I know I will probably get bashed on this subject, but its needs to be addressed!!

dirt- I think you are right you just opened a can of worms....I think that Greenwalts car should have won it is sharp..... As far as Tubby goes, the man is just doing what he loves to do. If you want to worry about someone getting hurt in a sprint car I would worry about the ones who drive like idiots. Not the ones who are out there just to race and put on a show. I will never in my life meet any other dedicated sprint car driver like Tubby Black. And for someone to get on here and say that he needs to give it up is in my opinion morally wrong... SORRY!!! I am not bashing you, but you might think about rewording your post.

Jake as far as Randy Forster, I saw him on Valentines day and he said that he didn't even had a mod. yet so that doesn't suprise me, I can't wait to see it though, you never know what to expect from him...

lets not get carried away kaseys car isnt that great calm down

and jeremys is ok to much on it

both nice cars though dont take it the wrong way but im sure you will

A couple more...

A couple more pics from the car show.

Attachments

• Matt_modified_06_1.jpg
    Matt_modified_06_1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Matt_modified_06_2.jpg
    Matt_modified_06_2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 178
Looks like everyones cars on here are looking good. I really like Steve Shorts paintjob on his sprint. Skaggs and Shipmans cars are looking great for the 2006 season. Good luck to all racecar drivers

again, Im not on here to bash anybody, Im just stating my opinion. But I do remember a number of times where Tubby was a lapped car and 2 drivers were fighting for position...well, needless to say Tubby was "in the way" if you will and caused one of the drivers a chance to win the race. Hell, one of the times I remember one of the drivers battling for a win almost ran right over him trying to get around him!! He just isnt safe anymore. He cannot keep up with the rest of the pack! And sooner or later, its gonna get somebody hurt or end up hurting himself(I pray its not serious)!! Again, just stating my OWN opinion.

dirt- I understand that you were just stating your own opinion and we all have them and are entitled to give them, I do agree with you to some extent about Tubby being one of the slower cars and in a sprint car that is dangerous,(i would have never said he should give it up,because i don't think he should.) but so is running over other drivers to gain a spot or win a race and we have all seen it done more than once. In my own opinion that is way more dangerous than being a lapped car. Tubby is not the only driver who has been a lapped car and almost caused an accident.

Sorry if I offended you in any way. SHANNON

have any of the drivers had a problem with tubby in their way?if they do that's between them and tubby not abyone else's and if u can't pass then u just need to learn how b/c tubby just trying to get his spot the same the next guy

Jmo

dirtracefan21 said:
Tubby Black just needs to plain and simple hang it up?? I mean, dont get me wrong, Tubby is an absolute ICON around here, he has raced a long, long time, but there has to come a time when you just have to think "He really needs to hang it up, not just for himself, but for the other racers around him"! I know I was at the track about 95% of the time last year and I cant tell you how many times he almost caused wrecks....it just isnt safe to race with him anymore. He doesnt make the A main anymore, plus, he's basically in everones way. Again, Im not on here to bash Tubby AT ALL....I have all the respect in the world for him, as a racer and as a person, but I do think he is gonna get in someones way this year and might be the effect of something bad...thats all Im gonna say!! I know I will probably get bashed on this subject, but its needs to be addressed!!

I honestly think that he shouldn't. Tubby is like my role model. And it's not like he's 'in someone's way' all the time. He knows there's someone behind him, he gets out of the way and lets them by. He's not NEARLY as bad as some OTHER drivers (no names for everyone's sake) out there...INTENTIONALLY taking people out.

Back