Carl Edwards Does It Again - Make History

Millsey

Our own Carl Edwards became the first racer in history to win both the Atlanta Busch Series race and the NEXTEL race on the same weekend!.. WHAT AN AMAZING FINISH....

CARL - YOU THE MAN!!!

"Show Me State"

Think our own Carl Edwards showed his true up bringing from MO. Awesome driving and he showed all that"He's The Man". Guess Scharder was right for him to come back home and get dirt tracking in,a few years earlier. Look where he's at now!!! :D

Great job Carl Edwards. I wonder if others caught it when they said Carl's dad is cousins with Ken Schrader!? I never heard that one before. Has anyone heard that? What a move he put on Johnson. Great finish and great race and sorry to see Biffle not in the mix at the finish line. He led a lot of laps and did great too.

Rod

Carl had on hell of a weekend, taking it 3 wide to pass in the Busch race
and then the finish Sunday was awesome.

Yes, they are cousins. On the show Inside Nextel Cup, Bestwick always refers to Cousin Carl.

"Great Job by the whole 99 team and Edwards on his historic weekend!"

Thanks go out to "THE BULL 93.7 FM" for giving the greater St. Louis area a FM station to listen to NASCAR races. After all we the great state of MO sometime have 6 drivers (3 Wallace Bros. Schrader, McMurry & now Edwards) representing our state, not bad out of a field of 43.

Marty Boyer #52 RAMS (Schrader & Edwards Fan) ;)

It was also the 1st time if I am correct that a person has won their first race in busch then their first race in Winston ( opps ) Nextel all on the same weekend..... He is a delight to watch afterwards. He is absolutley refreshing !!!!

On the radio interview he again thanked Mittler Brothers for giving him his shot at racing. He also thanked Howard Hall and Roger Mosier two guys who helped him in his early days. It was nice to hear a couple of old names from Capitol Speedway in Jeff City. Also Carl can't run for oookie of the year. Too many races last year. HOW ABOUT CUP CHAMP??

dave but he can run for rookie in the busch series. it looked to me like when biffle got close to him towards the end he would run the same line as carl in the straights. but when they would get close to the corner he would drop way down low. not like he was tryin to pass but like he was tryin not to get carl loose, but to push him to johnson. i thought it was over when carl got sideways then he pulled it off. WAY TO GO CARL!!!!!!!

Back