Carnell Parker Continues Recovery

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Clarksville, TN (8/13/09) Carnell Parker would like to extend a special thank you to everyone, who has shown support to him during the extremely trying times that this past week has sent his way.

Carnell was severely injured when his #75 Super Late Model flipped at Boyds Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia last Friday night in a Southern Regional Racing Series event. The freak accident left him with several injuries including fractured vertebrate and a dislocated neck. Parker spent the majority of the past week at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, Tennessee undergoing surgery and observation.

Carnell is now back, resting at home in Clarksville, Tennessee. He will be restricted to limited activity for the next three to four weeks and will have several tests and checkups along the way.

"I never knew I had so many fans and friends in this sport, and the outpouring has been truly overwhelming. It's definitely made me stronger in this tough situation. I would like to extend a special thanks to the staff at Boyds Speedway for the extra care and attention that they showed toward me, and special thanks goes out to all of the staff at Erlanger Hospital, who did a fantastic job of piecing me back together," commented Parker.

Carnell faces a long road to recovery, but with everyone's thoughts and prayers, he will be back to 110% before long. To keep up with Carnell's progress, please visit his website at www.CarnellParker.com .

Back