Challenge Of Champions Late Model Race At Clay County Speedway Flora,il Friday May,28

babb fan

A Week From This Friday May,28 Clay County Speedway Will Be Running Challenge Of Champions Late Model Race.this Is A Very Fast Track. Korte Won Both Late Model Events There Last Year.also Running Ump Mods, Super Streets Which Now Super Streets Can Run Pull Bars,j Bars And Any Kinda Springs.also Bombers Will Be Running Plus Hornets.should Be A Exciting Night.drivers To Be There Are

Faust
Faust
Dixon
Shirley
Melvin
Korte And Weaver Is Still Undecided Trying To Decide Between This Race And The Show Me 1oo

Plus I Am Sure All The Local Late Model Guys Will Run

Korte

Korte will be heading south for that weekend. He is going to race the SAS race's at Lowe's Motor Speedway. They have 2 seperate $10,000 to win shows. Thanks and see ya at the races. Shyster

Babb fan, Are the LMs qualifying? If so, how are they doing this? Have they installed a timing devise or are they going to do it with handheld stopwatches?
If handheld stopwatches are to be used who will be doing the timing?

Lots of LM guys didnt like the fact that another LM team did the timing at the last CoC race. You will have less interest from LMs if this is not addressed upfront. Al Kreke

Al,

I just talked to the owner of the track,and he said that U.M.P. now has there own timing device.I guess they bought one for tracks like this that don't have timing equipment.Also I asked him that if this does not happen who is going to keep track of the times on the stop watch,so we thought about it,and we will have 3-4 guys up there doing it,and it WILL NOT BE ANY PART OF ANY L.M. TEAM.I promise we have 3-4 guys that said they would do it.And it will be done honestly not saying that it was not done honestly because they did a great job last year,but we see where you other late model guys are coming from.So we addressed the problem,and we have a couple of plans,but Richard sayed U.M.P. has a timing device.Hope this answers all your questions.

In that case we will see you on Friday. Brent loves coming back to his old stompin grounds! Thanks for the info.

AL,
Cant wait to see you and Brent again used to watch Brent every Friday night in that ole black super street.SEE YA NEXT FRIDAY BRING ALLOT OF PEOPLE AND CARS WITH YA

What time does it start?

I'm trying to decide if i can make this race. A few times would help, please.

Also where is the track from Rt 50? Is there propper sighnage?

Thanks in advance.

There is a 4-way stop on the west edge of Flora where Rt 50 and Rt 45 split. Go north at the stop sign and follow Rt 45. The track is on the west side of the road about 2 to 3 miles north of the intersection.

Pit Gates Open At 4:00. I Believe Main Gate Opens At 5:00 Hot Laps Around 6:30 Qualifying Around 7:00 Races Aprox.7:30 Last Year Tehy Didn't Start Qualifying Till 7:30 If You Are Going To Bring A Car And Cant Make It On Time Call And They Will Draw For You Last Year Races Actually Didn't Start Till About 8:00 ,but You Never Know.races Are Actually Supposed To Start At 7:30 If They Are Running On Time Which No Track Ever Does..lol...track Is Wide And Very Fast 1/3 Mile And Smooth One Of The Nicest Facilities In Illinois And Huge Grandstands And Pits.flora Is 25 Miles Straight East Of Salem On Rt.50 Go To 45-50 Intersection There Will Be A Stop Sign Go North On Rt.45 Track Is 3 Miles On The West Side Of Road Cannot Miss It Huge....coming From Effingham Take 45 South Out Of Effingham And The Track Is Aprox.23 Miles From Effingham On The West Side Of Road.see Ya At The Races

I Have Been Informed That Hot Laps Are At 7:00 And Not 6:30 And Qualifying After Hot Laps Then Racing.so Races Probably Wont Start Tiil 8:00

What do you mean when you say STUB CAR is that a modiifed chassis with a chevelle,nova,etc stub or what?If you run at Brownstown,Highland or any track like that you can run here since he has opened up the rules.NO ALUMMINUM HEADS...................

Back