Chub Frank Will Make LaCrosse Footwear Appearance On Saturday (Sept. 18) At Dunn’s Sporting Goods I

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Fans Invited To Meet The World of Outlaws Late Model Series Star And See His Car Before Saturday Night’s ‘Pepsi Nationals’ At I-55 Raceway

PEVELY, MO – Sept. 14, 2010 – Chub Frank will help build anticipation for I-55 Raceway’s World of Outlaws Late Model Series ‘Pepsi Nationals’ on Saturday night (Sept. 18) with a pre-race appearance on behalf of LaCrosse Footwear outside the nearby Dunn’s Sporting Goods store in Pevely, Mo.

Frank, 48, of Bear Lake, Pa., will display his sharp black-and-green ‘Chubzilla’ themed dirt Late Model and sign autographs for fans during the special Saturday event, which is scheduled to run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Central Time. He’ll then head over to the one-third-mile, high-banked I-55 Raceway for a big Saturday-night racing program topped by a 55-lap, $10,000-to-win WoO LMS A-Main.

The 28th annual Pepsi Nationals serves as the seventh leg of the WoO LMS LaCrosse Extreme Tough Challenge, a unique mini-series that awards points to the top-five fulltime WoO LMS and Sprint Car Series drivers in 16 selected events – eight Late Model and eight Sprint Car – and will earn the champion of the combined standings a $5,000 bonus from a $15,000 points fund split among the top-five drivers.

Frank currently ranks 10th in the LaCrosse Extreme Tough Challenge points standings, which are led by WoO Sprint Car star Donny Schatz. Frank was the top WoO LMS finisher in the Extreme Tough event on Aug. 7 at Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, Wis., coming home third in the 100-lap USA Nationals grind.

“I’m looking forward to Saturday,” said Frank, a fan-favorite who has been a WoO LMS regular since 2004. “We always enjoy having a chance to meet the fans, and I-55 (Raceway) is a racetrack I really like and seem to run well at. Hopefully it will be an all-around fun day for us.”

Frank, who ranks ninth in the current WoO LMS points standings, has run all three events that the national tour has contested at I-55 – and he’s improved his performance with each start. After finishing 11th in the tour’s inaugural visit in 2005 to the bullring owned by NASCAR veteran Ken Schrader and longtime promoter Ray Marler, he placed fourth in 2007 and second in 2008 (after leading laps 1-29). Last year’s event was rained out and could not be rescheduled.

Frank’s appearance on Saturday at Dunn’s Sporting Goods – a family-owned and -operated business that is the featured LaCrosse Boots retailer for the WoO LMS event at I-55 Raceway – will be accented by several activities sure to interest both diehard and casual race fans. The local country music station, J-98 The Boot, will do a live remote broadcast from the store; there will be free giveaways of tickets to Saturday night’s Pepsi Nationals as well as LaCrosse boots, t-shirts, hats and stickers; and the LaCrosse Extreme Tough Challenge fan competition will take place, giving customers a chance to test their strength and win prizes.

Dunn’s Sporting Goods is located at 8733 Commercial Blvd. in Pevely, Mo., just minutes from I-55 Raceway.

Advance tickets to the Pepsi Nationals are still on sale for $28 (general admission) and $30 (reserved) and can be purchased by visiting www.WorldofOutlaws.com/tickets or by calling the track at 636-479-3219. Fans who buy their tickets in advance can also receive a FREE t-shirt from Pepsi while supplies last.

Another attractive offer available to attendees of the Pepsi Nationals is a FREE pit-pass upgrade to admission tickets for fans who recycle a Pepsi 20-ounce bottle on race day at the main gate.

Tickets on race day will be $30 (general) and $32 (reserved). Kids 12-and-under are admitted free to general admissions sections, and pit passes are $30 for DIRTcar members and $35 for non-members.

Practice is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., followed by time trials at 6:30 p.m. and racing at 7 p.m.

I-55 Raceway is located 30 minutes south of downtown St. Louis, off Pevely exits 180 and 178 of Interstate 55.

Additional info is available by logging on to www.i55raceway.com.

For more information on the WoO LMS, visit www.worldofoutlaws.com.

The World of Outlaws Late Model Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including Arizona Sport Shirts (Official Apparel Company), Armor All (Official Car Care Products), Hoosier Racing Tires (Official Racing Tires), STP (Official Fuel Treatment), SuperClean (Official Cleaner-Degreaser), VP Racing (Official Racing Fuel), DirtonDirt.com (Hard Charger Award) and Chizmark Larson Insurance; in addition to contingency sponsors Eibach Springs, MSD Ignition, Ohlins Shocks, Pink Carburetors, Pro Power Engines, Quartermaster, Rocket Chassis, R2C Performance and Wrisco Aluminum.

Back