classes

j.j.slideways!!

let's see
1. street stock
2. ministocks
3. dwarfs
4. sportsman
5. modifieds

i'm not knocking fredericktown raceway or anything...but do any of you think they run too many classes? Maybe i'm wrong on the dwarfs are they there every friday night? but anyways if saying they are. I think they need to eliminate a class, i know the ministock class is growing and growing, i wasn't impressed at all with the street stock, there was hardly any of them there and that goes for the sportsman as well. i would havta say if they were to eliminate a class i would eliminate the sportsman. but as for the modifieds, that was some good racing and well the dwarfs were fun to watch cause it was cool seeing charlie savage in those and might i add those lil dwarfs are fast! very cool looking also ( the modified body ones). but maybe i'm wrong about the low car count on the street stock and sportsman, maybe they'll be more tonight, i know it's still early in the season and some don't have their cars all together yet.

ONce again I want everyone to know that i'm not knocking the track or anything at all, i'm just trying to get some opinions on the track and everything. So the last thing I want to post is..Why does it take them so long to get classes out on the track. I noticed last friday, when it was time for hotlaps the announcer told the modifieds to come out for hot laps. yeah well i bet i sat there at least 10 mins after the announcer told them to come out, The way i see it they need to sound a siren or something after a certain amount of time and if the cars aren't out on the track then they just miss their hot laps. I just thought it was ridiculous. The race couldve been half over by the time it took them to get out on the track. but anyways....all in all it was good racing at fredericktown last weekend, and congrats last weeks winners and good luck to all racers tonight!

It was first night out. I have a feeling we'll see more cars out this week.

The speakers weren't working in the pits, maybe that's why you waited so long for the cars to get lined up. I'm sure tonight will be better as everyone finds their grove - have faith, it will get better.

JJ, I understand your thinking, but on opening night we didn't have the speakers in the pits working yet. Since then work has been completed. But even on the opening night we got done by 10:30 p.m. after starting at 7:30... I thought that was pretty good.
Then on this past Friday night we had SIX classes and still got done by 11:10 p.m. We've stepped it up and we are getting the program done so people can get home at a decent time.

Also, the track was great this past Friday night. Terry and the guys worked very hard to get a good racing surface for everyone. Way to go Terry --- JOB WELL DONE..

i will

say friday night was awesome. brian worley was awesome at fredericktown. the track was in great shape, i havent been to fredericktown raceway much but from what i seen friday night. it's some good hard racing there. i'm glad the driver of the red mini stock that bounced off the wall is ok..man i thought he was hurt after that wreck! the dwarfs cars awesome! how much does it cost to run one of those? how much does dwarf cars cost? i'd like to pilot one of those!

money talks.....

How much are they? How fast do you wanna go? hehehe just kidding!

You can buy a very competitive car for around $5,000.00 There are cheaper and more expensive out there, but that is a good ballpark figure. An engine comparable to those you saw is about $2,500.00 or less. You can find smaller motors for less money or the same for less if you shop around a little. You need at least a 900cc motor to really be competitive and a bigger motor won't necessarily make you faster, the cars have really hard tires on them and it's hard to hook up high horsepower.

The tires cost about 85-90 bucks a piece, but they wear very good. We have seen tires last 4 seasons( yeah I said SEASONS, not nights). A fresh engine is good for about 3 seasons if you take care of the maintenance issues( changing oil, etc.), and make sure you don't over-rev it. Most of the time there is a rev-limiter built into the wiring of the original bike. After 3 seasons, they usually need rings and maybe bearings, nothing too major.

A used chassis can be bought for $1500.00-$2500.00 average. There isn't a tremendous amount of difference in the cars, mostly body style. They all run the same style suspension and are held to limits in length, width, height and etc. There is a minimum hardness to the tires, and a max. displacement and cranking compression rule for the engines.

By the way, a new roller(minus motor) is about $9000.00.

Typically Dwarfcars/ Modlites are one of the fastest classes at any given track. They won't outrun Sprintcars or some latemodels/ modifieds, everything else is usually slower. I don't know what kind of straightaway speed the have at The Rock, but at Mt Vernon I ran about 75 down the straights and at Malden we were clocked at 105mph on the front straight. They are fast and they can be a handfull, just ask anyone who's driven them (especially Casey Barnhouse and Timmy Montgomery).:D

Back