Clay County Speedway

Timmons23

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Heard the track was really rough??......was there a prblem with the track prep equipment??.......been wanting to sneak down there,, really love racing on that big track,, but its hard on equipment,,

This is what happens to you when a hornet car has a flat tire and races another two laps.Several people got hurt when chunks of mud came over the fence and hit people on the top row. Looks like to me the track officials need to start watching the races and get these cars off the track before some1 gets hurts. Called the track promoter and he told us if we didnt like getting hit with mud to sit on the other end in a rude way.

Sounds about right to me.

Messege from fan on ccs sprint phone from aug 8. Fan- I went to flora sat night and car with flat tire drivin round track threw dirt clog size of brick n hit me on the top row! My grandson was 2 feet from me and could have killed him. Ccs-Wow sorry to here that. That is the dangers of a dirt track. I get nailed all night long were I stand. There is a warning sign of thedangers of dirt, rocks and misc car parts can and do come over fence. I personally would sit north of the flagman. Less chance of objects coming threw the fence. Once again sorry. Fan- I thought the drivers were to pull over and not drive with flats and if not flagman would black flag car? Ccs-What incedent. Fan-That was what hit me a car driving with flat and he didnt pull off. Ccs-Sorry we must of missed it. End of messages. Once again this fan was contacted today by phone today aug 10 after reviewing thbis post . And again was asked about the incedent. Again appologies were made from ccs. We at ccs do not take these issues lightly and are always looking for ways to improve our show. All fans should be reminded that at all race tracks the dangers of flying debree can and will come over the fence I.e. dirt, rocks, misc. Ect. At ccs there is also a lengthy sign at our front ticket booth warning fans of the dangers. Thanks Michael Burmeister

Back