Clone money race 8/21

HMR Kart Shop

missouri drifter
We will be putting on a clone money race at Bedrock on 8/21 It will be $250 to win with 95% payback 2nd on back. I will post more details in the next couple of days. We will be using rules from Burris National speedway Series rules with a few track rules changes. Tires will be either Burris 33s or 44s, right side tires will be stamped and will have to be run in both heats and feature, 10 lap heats, 20 lap feature, 16 kart field for feature, 360lb weight rule, shoe clutch only, stock or external fuel tank, have to use pull rope to start (no electric starters) I will post more rules and later tonight or tomorrow. I am working on more sponsors to hopefully payout all 16 spots. the more karts the better the payout will be in the middle of the field. nothing will be added to the top spot.

Any questions call John Hobson 636-262-8710

Question.... what advantage/disadvantage would there be the using a starter vs. pull rope?

Just wondering....I am gonna be getting a clone this winter and want it set up to run the majority of the tracks/series around here... thanks, Kurt

there will not be a gear rule. the electric starter is something the guys down south told me not to let be used keep it totally stock and most series around the area have the same rule.

There will be a $175 claim, must be on same lap as person you are claiming, top 5 are subject to claim, top 3 will be teched, promotor and track owner has the right to claim any motor as well. You have 5 minutes after checkered flag falls to claim, top 5 will go to impound area as soon as you get off scales, 4th and 5th will be released after 5 min. the top 3 will go directly to tech, only one person allowed in impound area and tech area

Tires will be burris 33 or 44 right sides will be stamped and must run both heats and feature with them, failure to have tires stamped before the heats start will result in a dq, if you have a tire problem must present tire to offical to inspect and be officials decision to allow another tire to be run.

Shoe clutch only

stock or external fuel tank allowed, if using external tank only a pulse type fuel pump is allowed, only 87 89 91 93 octane gas.

can run aftermarket header with an rlv muffler, muffler must be run on any header.

read section 12 in the burris national speedway series rules.

we will be obeying track rules at bedrock raceway go to bedrock raceway website to read rules, will be using their officials and their call stands.

can run motors listed on the burris website.

weight rule will be 360#

depending on kart count will determine the payout for 2nd on back, $250 to win guaranteed, few examples 10 karts, 250,100,75,50,40,30 15 karts 250,150,100,75,50,40,30 20 karts 250,150,100,80,70,60,50,40,30,20 working on more sponsors my goal is to pay out to all 16 karts in feature. if enough karts show up will run a semi to make up the 16 kart field, enough that dont make it (6 or more) I will run a main for those karts as well money will depend on kart count.

2 heats 10 laps
Feature 20 laps
Semi 10 laps
non qualifier feature under 8 will be 10 laps more than 8 12 laps

$30 entry fee, will sign in and pill draw at a seperate table for the clones, you will get your pit passes at bedrocks table.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring for this race You can call me My goal as i mentioned before is to payout all 16 spots. 95% of the entry fee is going back to the racer the rest is going for the tech guy. sponsors will be announced threw out the night at the track and also on all websites that this race is being advertised for.

I am wanting to give you guys and gals a race where you can possibly put a little money back into your pocket make it simple and have alot of fun. The rules will be enforced and will not change if caught cheating you will be banned from racing any more of our events for a year. The rules are set and this is what we will go by and track rules are set by Bedrock raceway and will be enforced as well. Lets make this a fun night and if everything goes well there will be more in the future.

If any questions call John Hobson 636-262-8710

Im sure i left something out please bear with me this is my first time putting on a show but i have all intentions of making this a first class event .

Thanks for all of your work on this John. I am sure it will be a first class show and we are looking forward to it.
Steve

Things are coming together very well picked up some sponsors today so far the list of sponsors are HMR kart shop, Musgrave racing engines, Brennon Willard Motorsports, Worley Motorsports, Bedrock Raceway hoping to add 3 more tomorrow Looks like I will be able to payout all 16 spots in feature and looking very good for some giveaways as well. Right now we are looking like the payout will be, based on 20 karts 250,175,150,110,100,90,80,70,60,50,40,30,30,30,30,30

It was brought to my attention age requirements I am going to make the minimum age 14 if they have racing experience.

Other questions have come up on clutches and i am standing by the shoe clutch decision this will not be changed and disk clutches will not be allowed for this race most tracks in this area are shoe clutch only. we can possibly talk about allowing them in the future but not for the 8/21 race.

If the race goes well we are looking at possibly a race at Midway speedway in Lebanon Mo this year also a coke syrup race in Lebanon this winter Hopefully do a few races at Duquoin as well

The purse is set 250,150,120,110,100,90,80,70,60,50,40,30,30,30,30, 30
based on 20 karts,$30 entry fee, 360#, age is 14 and up, burris 33 or 44 right side tires will be stamped before first heat and will have to be run all night, with the amount of interest and calls im expecting a good turn out, Will be starting 16 in feature, will run a semi if more than 24 will run a non qualifying feature for those who didnt make the A main. Example payout if 8 in non qualifyer will pay 50,40,30. for more info go to Bedrockraceway.com

Its almost here. Here is the final payout based on 20 karts top 5 payout is set no matter kart count, have had some sponsors pull out wont name any but this payout will be the payout for friday nights feature and this payout is set. A few things have been questioned, The tires have to be stamped before 7:30 that is when hot laps start, if you dont get them stamped then you wont be able to race. I will have my trailer there by the grid area i suggest as soon as you get there bring me your tires to get them stamped. Depending on kart count planning on around 20 to 24 clones we will run 3 heats top 6 at intermission will draw 1 thru 6 for starting spot in feature. 250,125,100,85,70,55,40,30,30,30,30,30,30,30,30,30 If we get more than 24 I will pay out the first 3 karts not making feature, Due to time restrictions there wont be a non qualifying feature.. heats will be 10 laps, semi will be 12 laps and feature will be 20 laps I would like to give a big Thank you to my sponsors, Bedrock Raceway, Musgrave Racing Engines, Lovelace Carpet, Brennon Willard Motorsports, Worley Motorsports, HMR Kart Shop, Hobson Consulting

clone gas tank

can you take the stock tank off and run the tank between the legs with the fuel lines like the outlaw guys or does the take have to be mounted on the motor and left stock???

you can run an external tank between your legs, I actually perfer it alot safer have talk to a few people down south and they have had some bad experiences with the stock tank splitting and couple of instances motor caught fire.

mikey, are you gonna try to pass dustins outlaw for a clone??? remember its a shoe clutch only!!! and no treaded tires!!!:p

tech

who is gonna be doing the tech thinking about getting a motor just for this race talked to brennon willard today about getting one and was just curious

I have a tech guy coming in from out of the area to tech, The top 3 will be teched and be ready to take the motors down to bare block.

Back