Computer program improvements? Are you interested?

Millsey

I had a very, very interesting conversation today with the people from Port-A-Tree. I found out exactly what we had and didn't have with our basic system at Big River. I found out some things I didn't know our system would do and some more things it is capable of.
For instance there is an additional program that would run around $1,500 that would keep track of all of our qualifying times and rank them from fastest to slowest. No more of this three and four and five time trials for "special people." The program would also place all the people in that class in a bracket and keep the bracket updated. Thus eliminating screw ups in paper work!!!
I was also told that our current system was not one recommended for our particular type of track!!!!! The lady I spoke with said the infrared sensors for mud and dirt tracks should be the type we use instead of our current system that uses the relectors (which is actually listed for asphalt and snowmobiles.... LOL)
She said we were one of only three or four tracks across the United States that used that system!
What I would like to see us do is have some sort of fund-raising dinner/dance or whatever just to raise enough money to pay for the system upgrade. Either I or Karen or Tim would personally make sure the money is spent on the upgrade. They got a new computer for the tower already, so if we put the two together we could help line out a tremendous time for everyone in 2006! What do you all think?

Good work Millsey! Infrared has got to be much better than what we use. I would think anything that would improve accuracy and time setting up should be considered.

yea i agree that would be much nicer!!! i dont know what we could do to raise the money, but im sure we could do something, also millsey i would like to do the buggy nationals again for the upcoming 06 season, thought i might get that talk going b,c season is sneaking up on us very fast.

If you want to do the Buggy Nationals again we need to start working on it now. You guys did a great job on it last year because you worked together and worked on it in advance instead of waiting until the last second to try and throw it together. That's what it takes. Right now it's not even on the schedule so we need to get at it.

If you do plan on doing the Buggy Nationals, if you want me to help you better get on it right now. With Fredericktown racing again this year and me helping out Poplar Bluff to go along with all my other tracks and duties my "free" time is limited.

First of all, I am a little confused on how you accessed my account at port-a-tree, i (christi) can not even get any info from them without Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is a little agrivating and getting back to the fact of TOO MANY CHEIFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS. i am not mad or anything about this it is just really frustrating considering that Jason talked to them last year and one thing that she didnt tell YOU is that you have to run SINGLE ELIMINATIONS, so for all of you that think that jason is not capable of making the improvements on his own as the track OWNER then I am sorry, I am just now frustrated becuase we have everyones hopes up and if they want to do this then we have to go to SINGLE illiminations.. NOW, dont get me wrong I will have Jason check on this again just to make sure but last year jason did call and he spoke with several people and we have the best set up for OUR track...... You are great with PR and your job and do it great and please dont take this the wrong way but if i dont get a grip on everyones responsibilities soon I will never have it.... Jeff you are great at PR please let jason and I handle the track ownership part, I know that in the past we havent been the best but in order for us to get a grip on our responsibilites we have all do our own jobs and not try to do everyone elses....shoot i cant even start to do PR -that is why i have you!!!!!!!!! Now if you ever do have ideas to go over with jason call him and ask him before we get people worked up about (((((((well, why dont we have this already))))))))))))) and then the whole aspect of .......... WE now have to be the ones to tell them we cant have it.............and jason new this last year or we would have already had it........i know that we are not the easiest people to get ahold of but my goodness something like this please call me before posting it please my phone has been ringing off the wall...........if you need to talk to me that bad and you cant reach me anywhere else ........ here is my work phone number this way you can always get ahold of me i am here until 3pm 1-877-681-0448 (when the lady starts talking hit) #11 this will take you to my desk
thank you all
christi

Well, I didn't contact them originally, they contacted me by sending me all the new material and it was directly addressed to me and it came from S. Alton Smyth III, the president of the company with his direct phone number. The woman I talked with said they had John McCullough as the owner of the system who purchased it. We just talked about the sytem and what all was involved with it as far as improvements in the system since that one was purchased. For instance that particular system has not even been made in over 2 years, it was the "silver" edition and now they are only working with the "gold" edition. She was just filling me in on how you can upgrade from the silver to the gold and the new software that was available now. In fact she told me about the double-elimination program they were working on that hadn't come out yet, but would in the upcoming days.
If me caring about the track and trying to do some things to help and improve it is a crime then I'm guilty as sh!t. This wasn't something to undermine anyone, it was just something I was trying to help make things better for everyone involved. I thought we could do here in the off-season to make things better for the entire track come raceday. I didn't want to wait until April.
The bottom line is NOBODY was asking you and Jason for this, this was something I was wanting to do WITH THE RACERS to help out as an improvement. Sorry for trying to help out and make a difference but nobody was accusing you of being "bad owners." I'll go back to my corner and wait to be contacted when I'm needed next.

Jeff, I wasnt being mean or anything, i was just saying that i wish you could have respected us enough to just come to us personally with this....
I am not mad i am not upset i just want everyone to accept that we are accepting responsibility for the racetrack and that is what everyone wanted us to do....and i am just trying to make it all better. we just want to be updated, you are great and im not mad that you got the information at all , i just wanted you to bring it to us.

Please send any questions or comments to brsd_owners@yahoo.com

You are great at what you do and we appreciate everything that you do just wishing that we would do this the way that most businesses are ran __that would be chain of command. we are not a big business or anything but we are doing what everyone has wanted us to for years and taking responsibility and we cant take responsibility if we find out about things the same time that the rest of the racers find out. I was not at all trying to be mean or have you lash out at me or anything like that i am just trying to get this all going. Jason and I are trying to make it all okay for everyone and this is how all the stupid rumors are started and when people post things on the website you of all people the PR officer should be standing up for us and you dont all the time alot of times you just get everyone more frustrated by saying well, i havent talked to them either and going on and on, i want you to stand by our side. if BRSD is not going to be any longer at any point you and Karen and Tim would be the first to know you so that you could do an honest "press release" and Karen and Tim becuase of their respected positions at the track...... You are great and i didnt do that to make you mad or anything just trying to get a handle on it all.....

Christi

Okay, guys...I don't want to overstep my bounds, but I think you two should talk in person or over the phone. Christi, you know Jeff's number and Jeff, you know Christi's home & work numbers. You both know how much COMMUNICATION means to me and the entire staff @ BRSD...and I know all about the "chain of command" (they're preaching it all the time @ my workplace), but I also feel the "chain of command" goes both ways. If a decision (any decision) is made which affects BRSD, the owners AND staff should be the first to know. All of us, not just some of us. The race committee and racers/fans can be told after all of us know what's going on. If this is truly how you would like to start doing things, then I am behind you guys 100 percent! There are a lot of things that need to be completed before we open our gates for 2006 and fighting online is not one of them. Furthermore, this is my outlook on the situation:

There are many people (owners/staff/committee/others) who have some wonderful ideas to make "our" track spectacular! What needs to happen is these ideas must first go directly to the owners and the owners should discuss these ideas with their staff. Let your staff know what YOU want to do and WHEN and we ALL will make it happen! Right?!?

I love you all and I truly love the track. If I didn't, I wouldn't have stuck around for over half of my life. We need to work together and we need to work closely. So, please keep this in mind when the next idea comes about.

Also, I know that a Race Committee meeting has been scheduled and will be happening soon. Let's get the word out as soon as possible and let's also work on setting a date for a STAFF meeting.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me and I will do all that I can to help. My # is 573-366-5242 or e-mail me @

brsdrewards@sbcglobal.net

Thank you all for your time and have a great day!

Sincerely,
Jason H.
"spongebob"

Damn Christi, does this mean we wont get the new lights? Your just mean. Just kidding with you. I understood the post about the lights to be a question to see if anyone was interested. I never thought it meant we were going to go buy them or tell you that you had to. I just thought Millsey had found some info about something new and was curious if anyone else cared about it. I also agree with Jason that this isnt the place to air out our differences. I understand your not mad at anyone. Sounds to me like Millsey was just a little excited about his find and wanted to share it. Information is always a good thing even if you already have it. Its the fact that people are making an effort at the track that should impress everyone, even if its a bit misguided. Most people accept the chain of command. But when your in charge, people will say negative things no matter what you do. Hows that little saying go? You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

Back