Congratulations to the 2005 STLRACING.COM Award Winners!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Most Influential Person of the Year: Al Kreke
Driver of the Year: Rodney Melvin
Newcomer of the Year: Trista Stevenson

Yea...congrats on the winners...glad Trista won something as well..well deserved people. And thanks Jimmy..for making it a fair and even pole.

congrats to al, rodney and trista. all very deserving. but, equally as important, congrats to all nominees as well. it is an honor to be recognized by your peers as doing a good thing.

I still think Jimmy should have been in the running for Most Influential Person.......you are too modest! Local fans get 99% of their info from this site....I'd say that's pretty influential

I Spoke With Al And He Said It Will Not Be A Requirement To Call Him Mr. Influential! :D

Congrats To The Winners And Nominees.

Here are a few things that Al contributed to this area's racing:

Sponsored 2005 UMP Summer National “Fuel bonus program” which paid nightly bonus monies to the top 10 in UMP Summer National Points. Participating tracks in turn collected monies for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA).

Sponsored Godfrey/TriCity Dual Track Sportsman’s point fund & trophy

Funded Belle Clair’s 2005 hard charger award

Sponsored major prizes for I-55’s nickel night (go-cart-2004 4 wheel ATV-2005)

Sponsored Belleclair’s 100 lap LM fair race (Bonus monies and shirts)

Sponsored racing events and/or individual races at Belleville, Godfrey, Brownstown,
I-55, Poplar Bluff

Sponsored Belleclair bonus $ night for mods, sportman and pure stocks in 2005.

Allowed local racers to borrow LM or motors when theirs were down.

Sponsored several local area racers

Current President and one of the founders of the C.A.R.S. sanctioning body.

Very Impressive Al

Just Was Wandering How You Get Such Award As That. That Is Pretty Impressive . Congrats To The Three For Their Acheviement. Race Mcmahon

congrats to all three......AL u should pack up and come to savannah, i'm home from iraq, and the racing here is crazy, oglethrope, brunswick, east bay, volusia.........

olin

Congrats Allen Kreke

a Very Big Congrats To Al Kreke He Is A Man Among Men And I Am Glad To See Him Get Some Recognition For Some Of The Things He Does For Allot Of People And Not Just In Racing. Good Job Foxhole Buddy

I agree with you dm28. He does do alot for the racing community. On the track and off the track. He is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED in our WORLD !!! :D

jdearing said:
Here are a few things that Al contributed to this area's racing:

Sponsored 2005 UMP Summer National “Fuel bonus program” which paid nightly bonus monies to the top 10 in UMP Summer National Points. Participating tracks in turn collected monies for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA).

Sponsored Godfrey/TriCity Dual Track Sportsman’s point fund & trophy

Funded Belle Clair’s 2005 hard charger award

Sponsored major prizes for I-55’s nickel night (go-cart-2004 4 wheel ATV-2005)

Sponsored Belleclair’s 100 lap LM fair race (Bonus monies and shirts)

Sponsored racing events and/or individual races at Belleville, Godfrey, Brownstown,
I-55, Poplar Bluff

Sponsored Belleclair bonus $ night for mods, sportman and pure stocks in 2005.

Allowed local racers to borrow LM or motors when theirs were down.

Sponsored several local area racers

Current President and one of the founders of the C.A.R.S. sanctioning body.

For as nice a guy that Al is, I think he could have done a little bit more than that.
TF

The St. Louis Auto Racing Fan Club has declined my request to present these awards at their banquet. Which is OK, if they allowed me to do it, they were worried they would start getting other requests from different organizations to present their awards at the fan club banquet.

So, I won't have a specific place to hand these awards out this year. I can get these awards to the winners via several ways.

Rodney Melvin - Most likely will give him his award at the UMP Banquet on Jan 21.
Trista Stevenson - If she will be at Tri-City Speedway's banquet, I will give hers at that time. If not, we can arrange mailing it.
Al Kreke - Let me know the best method of getting it to you. I will be at the Fan Club Banquet on Jan 14, UMP Banquet on Jan 21 and Tri-City Banquet on Jan 28.

Jimmy, Trista is planning on attending the Tri-City banquet, that really works out a lot better for us. Thanks, Kenny

Back