Conner Ward and Rick Lebow Take Their First Race Brothers Show-Me Wins

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
BY Clarissa Essary
Friday June 15 started off the two race weekend for the Race Brothers Show-Me Racin Series in Lebanon, MO at Midway Speedway. Nineteen late models were on-hand for the thirty lap event.

Three heat races started off the night. Justin Wells in the 10 came away with heat one. The 56 of Conner Ward took the win in heat two. And the 5e of Leslie Essary finished in the top spot in heat three.

Rookie of the Year contender Justin Asplin in the 7a started on his first Show-Me Racin Series pole. The 27 of Kenny Hartwigsen was to Justin’s outside and helped bring the cars around for the thirty lap A-main event. The green dropped and Hartwigsen jumped out to take the lead. Lap seven brought out the first caution of the night for the 5e of Leslie Essary who spun in turn two. The 27 of Hartwigsen still had the lead but Conner Ward in the 56 was charging hard for the lead. Hartwigsen held Ward off until lap twelve. Lap 16 brought out the second and last caution of the race for debris on the front stretch. The 56 of Conner Ward was still in the first position followed by the 77 of Roger Wilson, the 04 of Jeremy Kelley, the 27 of Kenny Hartwigsen, and the 55 of Ken Essary. The green dropped again and the race was underway. Five laps to go and Ward was still in the lead and holding off the rest of the field. Ward held on to the first spot and took his first checkered for the Race Brothers Show-Me Racin Series. The top five followed with the 04 Jeremy Kelley, the 10 of Justin Wells, the 5e of Leslie Essary, and the 55 of Ken Essary.

Saturday June 16 was the second night of Show-Me Racin action in Nevada, MO at Nevada Speedway. The night started off with four heat races. The 1 of Jack Simmons took the win in heat one. Heat two was won by the 56 of Conner Ward. Leslie Essary in the 5e finished in the top spot in heat three. Ken Essary in the 55 came in first in heat four.

Only sixteen cars transferred to the A-main through the heats, the rest were left to battle for the top four transfer positions in the B-feature. The 21 of Mike Madison, the 18 of Jeremy Yarbrough, Darrin Barton in the 60, and Michael Wilson in the 19 came away with the transfer positions.

The 7a of Justin Asplin would be setting the pace again for the rest of the pack. The green dropped but the cars had a little trouble getting started. After multiple cautions, the race finally got going with the last half caution free. Rick Lebow made a hard charge to the front and managed to hold off Leslie Essary to take his first ever Race Brothers Show-Me Racin Series victory. The top five followed: Leslie Essary in the 5e, Justin Asplin in the 7a, the 56 of Conner Ward, and the 1 of Jack Simmons.

We would like to say thanks to Kevin Henson and Ron Johnson for taking their cars up early for Nevada’s Bushwacker Days parade.

Make sure you come and join us next June 23 weekend at West Plains Motor Speedway. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. with hot laps at 6:00 and racing at 7 p.m. Admission is: Pits $30, Grandstand $15 for adults, kids 7-11 yrs old $4

Back