Corey Conley Teams With State of West Virginia

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Doc Lehman

Wellsburg, WV --- Corey Conley of Wellsburg, WV, a current Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Rookie of the Year candidate has just entered into a marketing arrangement with the State of West Virginia to market tourism in the state through his Corey Conley Racing team as the popular driver competes throughout the United States competing on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. Conley’s new marketing and promotional arrangement was put together through the West Virginia Motorsports Council and the special marketing program will be known as the West Virginia Motorsports Council Wild & Wonderful West Virginia through Corey Conley Racing. Conley will utilize his dirt Late Model race car to promote and market various tourist attractions, festivals and other community-related endeavors.

“I think this a great opportunity for me and my team and the State of West Virginia,” stated Corey Conley who is currently competing with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at East Bay Raceway Park in Gibsonton, FL. “Anyone who knows me knows I bleed blue and gold. I played in my high school state football championship and until I got hurt I had planned to go to West Virginia and play as a Mountaineer. I have always loved the State of West Virginia, I have been to other cities and other states and I can’t wait to get back home.”

In the coming weeks ahead Conley will look into an all-new graphics package for his famed #14 Rocket Chassis dirt Late Model.

“West Virginia Motorsports Council Wild & Wonderful West Virginia through Corey Conley is a program to promote the state of West Virginia and with Corey’s knowledge and pride in the state of West Virginia and his hometown of Wellsburg he is promoting Wellsburg, his county he lives in, which is Brook and surrounding counties,” explained Ashley Ness of the West Virginia Motorsports Council. “And it’s just a project to prove that auto racing can market a product and Corey is out there to prove he is the man to market a product the way it should be marketed this year so he can potentially get a major sponsor on the side of the car and be able to continue to help us to sponsor other drivers and promote the state of West Virginia.”

“It’s all about auto racing, tourism and economic development. Corey doing well, the state doing well and all the surrounding counties that have all their projects going on, like the Monarch Butterfly Festival which was one person making something happen and here we go, we’re promoting it and we have a car with the Monarch Butterfly Festival flying around speedways.”

Others in the state are also excited about the new marketing venture including legislatures and lawmakers. “I am very excited with this new avenue we now have in West Virginia to advertise our great state of West Virginia and the many beautiful amenities in this state,” commented State Senator Jack Yost. “Wild Wonderful West Virginia has many of ‘God's Best Kept Secrets’ and we are now anxious to share these natural beauties with the rest of the world.”

“This program overwhelms me, the possibilities that motorsports can have on West Virginia Tourism. I also believe that West Virginia has a place at the table to expand on the motorsports industry. It is one of the fastest going sports in West Virginia. I appreciate all the coverage we can secure about our beautiful state and television is the most dynamic media I that can promote our tourism programs.”

“I am excited about the new program being proposed by the WV Motorsports Council and driver Corey Conley's participation to advertise the WV Monarch Butterfly State Festival,” stated Heather Tokas, Coordinator of the Monarch Butterfly State Festival. “He is a good representative of West Virginia and is also from my hometown area in Brooke County. I haven't had the opportunity to thank him in person yet for his willingness to promote this brand new State Festival.”

“It's a great opportunity for Corey as a racer to be in at least 18 national dirt Late Model racing events that will be broadcasted on national television. With him including the WV Monarch Butterfly State Festival on his car it brings more of WV to the track than just racing. The opportunity to expand tourism in WV is inconceivable since Corey is promoting his state this way. This will be seen by an audience that may not have recognized it before. And that creates more support for what the West Virginia Motorsports Council does for the state.”

Conley will appear numerous times on national television with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series.

Senator Yost’s feelings are also shared among others. “The initial reaction from the senators I have been involved with, like Senator Yost has been real excited about it,” revealed Ness. “He is a avid tourism person and knows what it takes to make things happen. And when Corey stepped up to the plate people started getting excited about it. People who didn’t even know what a lugnut is are now just getting involved in Corey’s project. Every businessperson we talked to is 100% behind this project. Why wouldn’t you get excited about Corey Conley out promoting the state of West Virginia and your business and in turn Corey is getting promoted by these businesses also so it’s a win-win situation for everyone involved.”

Throughout the racing season Conley and/or his race car will be making various personal appearances to promote tourism and various community activities and additionally he will be carrying various logos and banners on his race car promoting various tourist destinations in the state and the concept has been readily welcomed. “I look forward to working with our West Virginia Division of Tourism and pardoning the assets that motorsports can bring to our state,” said Senator Yost. “I am very honored to have Corey Conley, a home town boy from Wellsburg, West Virginia, which is my home town, make a good future for himself and his family through the Motorsports industry.”

“The community is also proud of our son and wish him well.”

As for Corey Conley, who is fielding Rocket Chassis and engines from Performance Off Road and Hershey Racing Engines and carrying sponsorship from longtime supporters Denoon Lumber, Reese Homes, Rocket Chassis and Yale with new supporters Dave Poske Performance Parts, Bilstein Shocks, Lehman Motorsports Services and Ballato Auto Salvage, the new marketing arrangement through his home state is basically a no-brainer for the dedicated West Virginia native.

“If I can do anything to help West Virginia then I’ll do it,” proclaimed Conley. “This is a great chance to introduce motorsports to the mainstream and also hopefully attract racing fans to West Virginia to check out all there is to do and see there in addition to the racing we have. On the other side, this is a good opportunity for me to partner with the state and help promote my racing operation, sponsors and the sport of dirt Late Model racing. I’m in Florida now and we have banners and brochures distributed all over the track. Whatever I can do to help, I’m there.”

For more information on Corey Conley visit: www.CoreyConley.com For more information on the West Virginia Motorsports Council visit: www.wvmotorsportscouncil.com

-Prepared by Lehman Motorsports Services

Back