cost of street stock

ls1car

i was thinking about buy a street stock and was wondering what it cost a night for you between entrace fees and hidden cost. This will be my first car and i have no clue about dirt

My 2 cents

I have a street stock and have been racing it at Tri-City for 5 years. A night of racing cost $25 to get in and the price of gas for the car. Other cost that is needed to keep the car running is oil changes(for me is about evey 5 to 6 races)and the cost of other fluids. Now others cost would come from replacing tires the get damaged in a race night or repaires that would have to be done to the car if it gets damaged on a race night. The biggest cost might come from if the motor blows and it has to be replaced to continue racing. I do for the fun of racing and compation with other drivers. I hope this helps you with your dicission.

thanks steve i was mainly looking for entry fees and other cost. I will be racing at one of the three tracks in IL. Tri-city is the closest. I think with the rules motors shouldnt cost much. I am looking for a class to get started and have fun. Not something that runs my life. i am in Ofallon Mo so I am guessing with entry fees and gas i will be about 100-150 a night

Depending on wether or not you have to run a consi along with the heat and main races I usally used up to 3 or 4 gallons. When you come to Tri-City and need some help come find me just look fo the grandma motorsports car.

thanks steve. I will need all the help i can get. I am going to look at a car tomarrow most likely. I am not sure really what i am doing but i hope it all works out. I just need a little advice to get started.

Back