Couple Karting Questions

hrnts69

SBS Motosports
Hello, would a Blue Wazzom bazed engine be able to make good HP for a Heavy/Super Heavy kart? Iam new to the "racing" side of karting, but not the crew cheif/helper side. Iam goona try to pick up a 06 Proforce from Dixion50 this weekend, and thats what ill be using.

I have access to a used Blue Wazzom like i said, but it prolly needs freshen up. Or should i stay away from that engine? I also have a ARC Stock Billet Rod, R3 Piston, Comp Cams .330 Valve Spring Kit, and .100 longer Billet Lifters sitting at home already. Should i use my parts in the Blue Wazzom block? Or are those parts not legal??? Where is a local Machine Shop that can do work on the blocks???

I dont have the money to buy and new or used engine. So i figured i would build my own over a period of time.

Also, do you really need a Mychron for a kart? I remeber running a Yard Kart at Beaver Creek and not using a Mychron or any kind of tach.

One more thing, when is the Springfield and DuQoin winter races? I would love to have my kart done berfore those races!

Sorry for all the questions, i just really wanna learn everything in karting!
Blake
SBS Motorsports

Blue Wazoom is in its own class and would not be legal in heavy or super heavy.... i don't believe they run them around here. You could run one in the open classes.

Du Quoin will have info posted on www.4cycle.com towards the end of the year. The guy that does it is Steve Nace www.stevenaceracing.com

I would try to find a used mychron 3 on 4cycle.com . You will be able to make sure the motor is not getting to hot and be able to set up your gearing based on the max rpm readout it gives you.

Hope this helps...

Back