crate bolts on ebay

racin90

Seen these and these look like the real deal...and the guy can get more!!!! This is the problem. We hear people say you cannot get them...but look what is on a very public autcion http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-CR... m200202111369

Your about 2 months late with this post...lol

I think it was beat to death in Dec. or Jan. The crate bolts that are sold with the engines are barcoded or marked to link them to the that particular engine. If my memory serves.

John Barr
The Trashdog

If they are real why dident he take a picture showing the barcode and GM logo.
Just some more fake bolts that someone is going to get hosed on.

Why would you call Racin90 a fool? Most crate racers run for peanuts compaired to the investment in their cars.Don't get me wrong,the baisic idea is great and with UMP involved could be the price of racing a crate will get on a more even plane with what they are getting paid.

just because someone doesn't own/race/drive/crew a particular kind of car doesn't make them a fool. alot of extremely intelligent people in racing do not have a direct participation in any 1 type of car..as i recall, and somebody please correct me if i am wrong, these crate bolts sell from gm for about $150-175. a similar set on ebay went for about $700 not long ago. some comments were made on their (lack of) quality by someone from fastrack at the time.paying $700 for poor imitation bolts is foolish. why would someone do that? spending $700 more (plus the rebuild) to build a cheater engine to run for $500 to win is beyond foolish to me.

genuine gm or not,anybody that doesnt beleive you can get these bolts is CRAZY period.they can and are being used and abused.the genuine gm bolts can baught..thats the hole problem with having a sealed engine program,it only stays sealed so long!!

its turning into a cheaters dream class!!!!!

I think what racin90 was trying to say is that they (bolts) are out there for sale. And yes there are people bying them! If cheating is what you must do to win, then why not just spend the money and go SLM where the engine rules are less restrictive? Or if trophies are what you are after because you must cheat, its a whole lot cheeper to by yourself a fake trophy! Maybe promoters will start a cheater class, anybody have any ideas on rules. Oh ya they are cheates, there are no rules!

Im sorry. I was sent the link from a felow engine builder i know. I didnt realize..it was an old post. Point i was making was..they are out there and those are the real deal. Make a fool out of myself?? It wasnt my point. We have had several people who preach crates saying they are not available. If they are..they are fake. These are not fake. And...i have a contact for this guy who originally posted these on ebay and he told me...i can get more!That was my point.

Racin 90 do you race Crates?

If not your really make a fool of yourself!!!

You got me. I donot race crates. Thought about it. But i have done alot of research and studying. Talking to engine guys..visiting sites like ebay seeking things like this that can be bought for cheating purposes. If im making a fool out of myself...wont be the first time..lol. Just making a point that these can be bought..and there are alot more out there. Want some more links??? Its sad because as usually the wallet talks. You can take a crate motor to some engine builders...pay thousands of dollars and get 50-70 more horses for that money. That is why UMP is hitting the nail on the head by putting a cap on the purses. You kind of do things like that if you can make some money off it running a weekly show. If your only going to get 500..and thats if you win...you most likely will see teams not go that route. Along with banning cannister shocks. Those should have never been allowed in the first place for a class that is supposed to be cost effective. Its a support class.beginner class. A class that will eventually in my opinion replace all sportsmans. But keep tacking on those things that cost dollars(if the economy doesnt get going..this class will die anyway) and it will run away the guys that actually race for fun and probably will even put on a better show

just because someone doesn't own/race/drive/crew a particular kind of car doesn't make them a fool. alot of extremely intelligent people in racing do not have a direct participation in any 1 type of car..as i recall, and somebody please correct me if i am wrong, these crate bolts sell from gm for about $150-175. a similar set on ebay went for about $700 not long ago. some comments were made on their (lack of) quality by someone from fastrack at the time.paying $700 for poor imitation bolts is foolish. why would someone do that? spending $700 more (plus the rebuild) to build a cheater engine to run for $500 to win is beyond foolish to me.

Good post as well

i have always thought that the best way to police this is to randomly pick out 1 of the top 5 or 10, on any given night,confiscate the engine, give him a known good, legal engine on loan while his engine is being inspected. if it's legal, reseal it with nothing but new gaskets and bolts,and return it. if it's not legal, give it back in a basket, along with a suspension or fine. if i was a competitor who was cheating, i would be real real nervous about running again, and if i was a competitor that was legal, i would be thrilled to death that everything is being teched well. the problem with that is the sanctioning body would have to drag around an engine or 2 to the track each night,and stay there while the suspect engine is being taken out.then you would have to have an unbiased 3rd party do the inspecting off-site. no plan is perfect, but myself see little wrong with this idea. the whole crate idea is being contaminated with engines that have been taken apart, rebuilt, etc. that ain't a crate engine no more. there was a guy on here with a now defunct series advertising rebuilds, cost depending on what you wanted done. nobody on here can truthfully tell me that the guy that paid $3k (for a rebuild)got the same parts and work done than the guy who paid $1500.00. i been around the block too many times to believe that.that is why the crate series, as a whole, is suspect for (pretty much) wholesale cheating. i am in no way saying EVERYONE in crates is cheating. just some are.paying out the wazoo for 6 or 8 reseal bolts on ebay pretty much proves that.

you guys are making too big a deal out of this really. I really dont know of anyone who I feel has outrun us with a cheater engine. Your discussion would lead some to believe that all the races are won with cheater engines and that others should stay away from the class because of the rampant cheating. Boys, It's not like that at all!!!!!!! Should we tell kids to quit playing summer baseball because they dont have a chance to play in the big leagues because you must be on roids to make it. Comeon now, let those ****ers buy them bolts, it aint the guys winnin thats buyin them I'll guarantee that. It's the last place runners thinkin it's the magic they need. Let'em go poor

If people are not cheating then why are these engine buiilders getting these bolts? And why am i hearing prices of $3000 for 50-70 horses? I am not pulling this info out of the air to start a thread. And these bolts are being sold on ebay and other places for a reason. I do agree probably 80-90 percent of the crate motors are legal or the owners believe they are. But i also agree about 10 percent have been "juiced" up and if you are going to tell me it doesnt make a difference i will tell you on a horsepower track...it does! And so do the canister shocks(anyone can sugar coat that to death..they do make a difference). To be honest...ive been collecting alot of info and im surprised that this class which was originally tabbed to be an economy class has grown to a class of guys who cannot afford late model engines...but can buy a crate..spend 3000 to5000 to "juice" it up. Furthermore..it is funny that some are so defensive when anyone mentions this...it literally makes them look like they may be hiding something...or not wanting this info be put public. You know what would just put this all to rest and ive said it before. If you win...the 3-5th place guy swaps motors with you. Hey..if the are all legal..what is the difference. Right? And another thing for sanctions who read this. Why not make it mandatory...no new tires. Make these people recycle tires coming off UMP lates(i know...fastrack is goodyear..yadayadayada). This would REALLY make tires issues a thing of the past. Everyone would be on wore out tires. Get caught with new...your out for 3 races. No questions.Thread wasnt meant to step on toes..or to have people call others...fools. If my info is incorrect..which it isnt...that wquld be foolish. My opinions are just that...opinions. But im not the only one with this.......opinion. Someone better get a grip on these issues because like i said..this class will be gone in years to come. Dollars need to be saved. Gas is going to be $4 a gallon this summer..maybe higher. Oil is going to be $110 barrel. Classes that are meant to save a racer dollars but still have alot of overhead expenses do not usually survive when the economy goes haywire.

Theres always the conspiracy theorists. I understand what your sayin, aint no room for cheatin but lets not make any bigger issue than it really is. I have been in this game for awhile now, talked with about everyone, seen and heard about everything thats bein done, because a guys got to, if he wants to know what he's up againest. Your 90% is way off at that. it's more like about 2-4% thats cheatin on the motors and they aint even winnin that percentage of races. Now, there's alot of guys cheatin elsewhere but thats no more here than any other class. Also, Gas aint goin down, in 10 years they'll be complaining of $5.00 a gallon just like they did 10 years ago when it was $2.00 a gallon. Thats just the way it go's. you gotta have it and you and me aint gonna change it so might as well just fill up and not sweat it. This is just my opinion on the motor situation also but I feel strongly about it because of all the research and discussion I've had with various people.

UMP should pull the 1st guy to win 3 races at any 1 track, check him for cheating.
I dont agree with the swap because I know I take care of my engine much better than some and I dont want their problems.

the "crates are going to replace the sportsman"is a popular idea but why would the sportsman racers replace a car that costs 2 to 4 grand to build (less engine) for a LM chassis that costs 4 to 6 grand (for a competive one) with higher upkeep..as far as the motors i do see the 602 becoming the motor of choice in the sportsman...what needs to be done is to give the crate motors a break of some sort,,say let them run a 4 bbl,,,,just my thoughts,if i make someone MAD,GOOD!!!!

ok; shane votes no for somebody looking inside his engine; hmmmm.... ok. let's just say that this wasn't an engine; let's say this is an audit of your kid's school's financial records(just an example, because of rumors of wrongdoing).. they didn't want anyone looking at the statements, etc., what do you think the outcry would be from all the parents? i tell you what 90% would be... what is there that you don't want us to know? i am not saying that anyone is hiding anything. just that you have to 'plant the idea' that truly these rumors are being addressed with a vengeance(spelling), and that if you are illegal, you will be caught, so, it's best to take that engine out and put a legal one in and leave it.that's all i am saying. but, if you are happy with having 7-14 cars show up every night, and losing tracks,because little or no 'new blood' is coming in, then soldier on!

Back