Crate Cars On The Half Mile

I wonder if Kevin would consider running a night of Crate Latemodels , being since it is making way for a 3/8 mile after this year?
What do you think Kev?

The big crate show at the end of the year should be on the half. That would be awesome. I guess Korte would jump in theres and win. But on either track we're gonna see alot of surprise competitors.

CC-28 said:
The big crate show at the end of the year should be on the half. That would be awesome. I guess Korte would jump in theres and win. But on either track we're gonna see alot of surprise competitors.

cory what makes you think korty would win?lots of good drivers in the crate, lots.i would like to see kevin run the crate all next year.its going to save racing.dont get me wrong id like to see korty win.i watch dixon this pass weekend,he did ok friday(7th)then he won sat.all about the set up.

Exactly, you just proved my point. Whos had better setup than Korte this year? What did Rodney Melvin do his first couple times in a crate?, against some HEAVY hitters.

That would be sweet to see them on the half mile. I always thought the old class with Bert Cheatham and Ken Johnson and Tom Seets was real entertaining because they were more even than the super lates. Would love to see these guys on the 1/2 mile one time too.

They were far from even, that was the problem. This solves the problem. Setup, driver skill/b***s on the half. Motor no longer a factor.

ok cory u got me!kortk is bad this year,that was my point to set up and driver skill.i know u and i think on the same lines about the crates.someboby wants to buy my car, im in!

Me too! So is Wild Wes, just sold my car from last year, somebody called today about the fastboys, if the dudes serious, which he seemed like it, I'll keep my new mod and go crate model.

as a racer of crate i wouldn't want run the 1/2 mile, there are enough knuckle heads when you run the 1/4, accidents would only be magnified on the 1/2

JMO

Having raced on the half mile for many years, I will admit that when you crash.........you crash big. Having said that, the track is big enough to give you more time to react to avoid alot of incidences. The old theory of the half mile being a challenge to drive is somewhat of a myth. Ask anybody that has raced on this track on a weekly basis about the difference between the half and the quarter and you will find that the majority of the people will choose the half over the quarter are far as being easier to drive. Yes, sometimes the cars get scattered out, but you have less caution after caution racing that you get on smaller tracks.

If there is a crate latemodel race on the half mile, I guarantee that I will be there, and I'll bet you see some other old faces.
Ken Johnson #17

If nothing else it'd be worth to try to have the race once and see what happens. Wouldn't know if it'd flop or flourish till given a chance.

Back