Crown Jewel ?

As we all know (yes some will debate) we have 2 of the best facilites in the country right here in St. Louis, those being Tri-City and i-55. When are these two facilities going to develop a "Crown Jewel" type event. I know i-55 had the NDRL thing but there are going to be multipe "Let's Get Dirt 75" through out the country. Also who owns the rights to the Illini 100, have they ever thought of moving it to Tri City? Tri-City has had great 50 lap events but it seems to take on a new title sponsor every few years. Obviously it takes many years for an event to take on "Crown Jewel" status, but you have to start somewhere! A 100 lap race at both would be great. Just something I would love to see.

Tri-City ran 100 lap $20,000 to win Lucas show a couple of years ago.

Personally, I'm not a fan of 100 lap race. Seems like most drivers are on cruise control for about 80 laps and then decide to race the final 20.

Well, if they had speed wrenches, and a pit lane, etc., I'm sure we could have pit stops and they could run full tilt the whole way without having to save tires. But since that isn't the case....you have to take it as it is. I would personally love to see the DTWC come into the Midwest at I-55. But they seem content on keeping it out east in the Virginia's.

Jimmy I completely agree with you on that, cant beat the intensity of the Summer Nationals. However there is just an atmosphere at the 100 lap events that feels different than everything else. Cant wait for the PDC at Fairbury this season with them moving to 100 laps.

i think it depends on the track that the 100 lapper is at. a track like west plains was, heck yea its awesome there cause cars are on the move the whole time coming through the field. the last show me there that birky won, wow, he ran that race like it was a 6 lap dash. i aint ever seen someone punish their car that bad for that many laps

if they are done right and have enough cars they can be great races like the world 100 used to be 10 years ago. the race at tri city wasnt anything close to a crown jewel. only had 30 cars

Back