Dallas Bennett flips at godfrey!

upsmanluvracin

Dallas Bennett flip his car tonight at godfrey. they said that he is alright,thank the lord..........

Bennet jumped right out of the car after the flip. His rig pulled out of the track immediately ahead of me when I left. At least from the back it didn't look like he tore up much stuff chassis wise--although the fuel cell looked a bit dented. Heading back down Route 67 after the races, I passed them, though, and the body looked like a flattened soda can. At any rate, he was the only driver signed in who didn't start the feature.

I'm not sure, but I think this was the first LM flip at Godfrey since Roger Eaker snap rolled down the back stretch one night in the early 90s. Does anyone else recall another LM flip at Godfrey since then?

A couple of years ago, Jarryd Holshouser came up from Kentucky and the throttle stuck going down the front stretch in hotlaps, he hit the turn 1 guardrail and flipped over it and went into the pits and hit Casey Pearson trailer.

Thanks Jimmy, I must not have been out there that night. I do recall Bowling Green's Gary Willson flying over the wall in 1 & 2 a year or two ago, but I don't think he got on his head.

Perhaps we could start a new poll question: Best--or worst, depending on your perspective--all time LM flip in the St. Louis area. My vote would be for the out of the park snap roll that Scott Ford did out of Granite City several years ago. I also recall Hoyt Choate going out of the ballpark at TCS back in the mid 80s. Roger Eakers Godfrey flip was quite violent. I can remember Ron Fisher flying out of Granite in 3 & 4 one time, but I don't think he flipped. Just a few suggestions.

the best that i seen in person was aaron kleines roll over at highladn 2 r 3 years back.over the wall,take out a fence and a telephone pole.that was pretty interesting.

Back