Dancer Shows Speed Throughout Weekend When Luck Wasn't on His Side

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - ROSSBURG, Ohio (Oct. 17, 2018) - Weather dictated the schedule for Shawn Dancer last weekend when he decided to stick to tracks closer to home rather than make the trek west.

"We headed to I-96 Speedway (in Lake Odessa, Mich.) on Saturday to run our 360 with the Great Lakes Super Sprints," he said. "We did pretty well right out of the box. We went out toward the back for qualifying and ended up third."

8a3b93fa-c477-4a3a-af1b-12eaf80f8616.jpg
That started Dancer fourth in his heat race. He went on to win, which allowed him to make the feature redraw. Dancer garnered the No. 1 to start on the pole for the feature.

"We kind of went back and forth for a couple laps," he said. "I was just kind of pacing myself and hanging back, but then a couple laps later I jumped the cushion and slid into the wall and turned over, which then ended our night."

On Saturday, Dancer headed to Eldora Speedway for a World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Cars show. He qualified 13th quickest in his group before a mechanical problem in a heat race resulted in a DNF.

"In the heat race, we started seventh and we weren't very good," he said. "The seal came out of the wing valve so it blew oil all over me. I couldn't see, which was a big struggle. I was just soaked in oil so I had to stop racing and pull off."

Dancer capped the night by placing ninth in the Last Chance Showdown.

"It's always tough running with the Outlaws, especially at Eldora," he said. "Our next and last race looks to be at the World of Outlaws World Finals at The Dirt Track at Charlotte down in North Carolina. Last year was our first time there. We did okay, but it's a tough race. Hopefully we'll improve this year."

The World of Outlaws World Finals is Nov. 1-3 at The Dirt Track at Charlotte in Concord, N.C.

QUICK RESULTS -

Oct. 13 - I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, Mich. - Qualifying: 3; Heat race: 1 (4); Feature: 20 (1).

Oct. 14 - Eldora Speedway near Rossburg, Ohio - Qualifying: 13; Heat race: DNF (7); B Main: 9 (5).

SEASON STATS -

23 races, 0 wins, 5 top fives, 7 top 10s, 9 top 15s, 11 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Nov. 1-3 at The Dirt Track at Charlotte in Concord, N.C., for the World of Outlaws World Finals with the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/shawn_dancer49

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShawnDancerRacing/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Amshaw Service Center

Amshaw Service Center, which is based in Delphos, Ohio, is a service center for semi trucks and trailers.

"Amshaw Service Center offers complete services and road service calls," Dancer said. "The company and its employees do great work and are a big supporter of our race team."

Dancer would also like to thank Dancer Logistics, Inc., Global Warehousing, King Racing Products, Pitsenbarger Supply, Mox Nursery, Friedrich Lawn Care and FSR Radiators for their continued support.

Back