Daniel Gears Up for Hockett/McMillin Memorial at Lucas Oil Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - CARROLLTON, Mo. (Sept. 19, 2018) - Mason Daniel will head to Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo., this weekend for the three-night Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial following a couple of weeks off.

Daniel was most recently in action on Sept. 1-2 at Lake Ozark Speedway in Missouri. He was tentatively scheduled to make his 410ci winged sprint car debut the following weekend, but Mother Nature interrupted those plans. Last weekend plans again were to race the 410, but circumstances didn't allow for that.

d3eeade4-cc67-4981-b449-7d9bc62e8106.jpg
"I can't wait to get back in the car and get going again," he said. "The last time we raced I made a mistake which cost us, so I am looking to redeem myself this weekend."

Daniel competed at Lucas Oil Speedway, a state-of-the-art 3/8-mile oval, earlier this season with the ASCS Warrior Region. In that event, he worked his way from eighth to fifth in a heat race. Daniel then raced his way into the main event via a second-place finish in the B Main. In just the first six laps of the main event, the 18-year-old powered his way from the 18 th starting spot to 11th. Unfortunately, he then hit a rut and got upside down, which ended his night.

"As a team that was early on in our time together," he noted. "I think it was about our fifth or sixth race of the season. Now we are 30 more races into it. We have definitely come a long way and I think I have gotten better as a driver. The cars are fast and a lot more to my liking. I'm looking forward to getting back to Wheatland and seeing what we can do."

A stout field is expected for this weekend's 8th annual Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial with competitors taking part in a pair of preliminary nights to set the stage for the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour presented by SawBlade.com finale on Saturday. Event points will be earned each time a driver hits the track on Thursday and Friday with the top eight in points locking themselves directly into Saturday night's $10,000-to-win main event.

"We want to make the feature each night and go forward in the main events," he said. "It sounds like there will be a lot of cars there and some great competition. You are going to have to be on your game each time you hit the track. We've been working hard in the shop and we are ready to go."

Daniel has had a solid rookie season in a 360ci sprint car. He won his first-career sprint car race at the famed Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa, in June and followed that up a couple of weeks later with a victory at the historic Missouri State Fair Speedway in Sedalia, Mo. Additionally, the native of Springville, Calif., has finished in the top 10 in more than half of the races he has taken part in this year.

SEASON STATS

35 races, 2 wins, 11 top fives, 18 top 10s, 24 top 15s, 30 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Thursday through Saturday at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo., for the 8th annual Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour presented by SawBlade.com

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MasonDRacing

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Dillon Risk Management

Dillon Risk Management is an award-winning risk management insurance company located in Granite Bay, Calif. For more information, visit http://www.DillonRisk.com.

"Dillon Risk Management sponsored us with the midget last year and have stepped up to be a part of our sprint car program this year," Daniel said. "We're grateful for their support and look forward to a lot of success together."

Daniel would also like to thank Young's Commercial Transfer and Precise Racing Products for their continued support.

Back