Darren Miller picks up win at Freeport Raceway Park!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
September 10, 2007

(CHADWICK, IL) - Darren Miller wheeled his Hawkeye Trucking, Graphic Arts Express, McLaughlin Freight Services, Ideal Ready Mix Ford Taurus back into victory lane last Saturday night at Freeport (IL) Raceway Park’s Rebel-100 Weekend 75 lap feature event.

Miller, who started off the two day event with a 2nd place finish in Friday nights 25 lap preliminary feature, jumped to an early lead as the green flag flew for Saturday nights 75 lap main event. But Iowa’s Denny Eckrich and Brian Harris, who were battling hard for second place behind Miller, were able to close the gap as the threesome encountered lap traffic and Eckrich maneuvered his #50 car into the lead on lap 45. Miller, who was trying to conserve his tires as the furious three-way battle for the top spot continued, found his opportunity with 7 laps remaining and used a high side pass on Eckrich to drive the 32D back into the lead. Miller then continued on for the win with Eckrich finishing 2nd, Harris 3rd, Dave Eckrich 4th, and Justin Fegers 5th.

“This feels really good!” said Miller after the race. “I’ve missed quite a few races this summer due to some medical issues, and it really feels good to get back racing. We also took this opportunity to put our traditional orange, blue, and black graphics back on the car and it was great to pick up a win the first time out with it. We liked the other graphics, but I’ve heard a lot of comments from people who really like this familiar look, and hey, it worked for us tonight!

Miller continued, saying “I also want to thank everyone who’s wished us well during our time off this summer. We’ve received tons of support from fans, friends, family, other drivers, and everyone. I appreciate everyone who’s stopped by to see us, or contacted us through the Internet or e-mails to offer their support. It means a lot to know everyone’s thinking of you.”

Darren and the team would also like to thank all of their sponsors for their continued support of the race team. They include: Hawkeye Trucking, Graphic Arts Express, McLaughlin Freight Services, Ideal Ready Mix, Pro Power Racing, Duralite Racing Wheels, Port City Racing, NAPA Auto Parts, Greg Greenhill Construction, Rocket Chassis, Performance Bodies, Ohlins Shocks, Out-Pace Racing Products, VP Racing Fuel, Hoosier Racing Tires, K-B Carburetors, Simpson Safety, ASI Racewear, Integra Racing Springs, GSR Racing Supplies, Crower, Mahle Pistons, Wilwood, Schaeffer Oil, TD Machine Products, Wulff Pumps, JC Dubil Racing Parts, Cobra Graphics, Lynch Tree Service, Country Insurance – Ernie Bates, Main Avenue Tap, Milledgeville Home Improvement, and Meador’s Ag Service.

For continuing results, team news, photos and more, check the Darren Miller Racing website at www.darrenmillerracing.com.

Media Contact: Craig Dusing
Darren Miller Racing
32d-pr@darrenmillerracing.com

Back