Delaware style re-starts poll

Would you like to see Delaware style restarts?

• Total voters

RACN911

I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but last night at the banquet a couple of us were talking about it again, so I thought I'd start a poll.
Lets see where it goes.

Im all for them but youll have the ones against it. To me keeps people from jumping the starts and running over each other. Trust me if it gets screwed up enough it will be handled by the ones they are starting against. Godfrey pulled them off weekly with no problems. When an issue did happen it was dealt with

This has been kicked around about as much as spec motors or Highland's dirt but I did vote yes. I was on a pit crew when Highland did them back in the early 90's. There were people who loved them and others who hated them. The main complaint was that Highland was usually a one groove track and if you got put in the slow groove on a re-start then you got freight trained. I always liked them myself but that's just my opinion. What I liked about them was if there was a guy in front of you that was hogging the track it gave you a chance to start beside him and get around him.

As much as I love democracy, this is something that should just be done... no discussion, just make it happen. There will be those that complain about it being unfair, or tearing up cars, or a hundred other excuses. Bottom line is we have to get more butts in the stands. If we don't, there won't be any tracks left to complain about. Put some outside iron on your cars and rub each other a little! It's not the end of the world, and we need to figure out how to bring the fans back.

I love double file restarts, based on 2 things. there has to be 2 legitimate grooves and drivers capable of racing 2 wide. most tracks around here are not 2 groove and most drivers around here cant run 2 wide. just my opinion.

As much as I love democracy, this is something that should just be done... no discussion, just make it happen. There will be those that complain about it being unfair, or tearing up cars, or a hundred other excuses. Bottom line is we have to get more butts in the stands. If we don't, there won't be any tracks left to complain about. Put some outside iron on your cars and rub each other a little! It's not the end of the world, and we need to figure out how to bring the fans back.
bring the fans back? i have been going to the races since 1993, and racing since 1998, and as of right now i wont be doing either in 2014.

More factors at work than single or double file restarts.. The economy is still in the toilet, when the general public has more disposable income the fan base will increase.

Probably not its free to go watch a sewage treatment plant now n will be when the economy picks up, long story short nobody wants to go watch shit if you ha

So jimmy... You aren't going to race or watch because. 2 out of 3 drivers and 44 out of 48 fans want em? Are you just not going for another reason?

when we ran them at godfrey and the leader started on the pole and i was second row out side i would uasually pass the leader or at least pull even..............i will run what ever starts the track says...dont have to like them,,look at it this way...we all have to do it if we want to race,,,i got 2 more years to make it to 50,,,so if they tell me to run in reverse so be it

no, the reason i would not be racing is because in my opinion things are out of hand financially in just about every class. i dont see double file restarts helping much. if you have ever been driving around in the middle of the pack of a modified race you would understand what i am talking about. how many times does it take 3 or 4 tries to start a race side by side? how much of a mess will side by side restarts be? just my thoughts.

Doesn't really matter to me, single file or side by side, there's always someone either ramming you from behind or door slapping you. Jmo

Does anyone remember the year when area tracks switched from double file restarts to single file? Was it 98 ish?

Back