Dick Weber Passes

spun_out

I'm sure some of you know of PBA bowling legend Dick Weber. I know a lot of people associated with racing or involved in bowling too. Anyway, he passed away last night in his sleep. There was no sign of anything wrong, he just went. I got a call this morning from some of the guys on the Sr. Tour that he bowls with, I just thought that I would share. He will be greatly missed, R.I.P.

never had the pleasure to bowl with him. i bowled with pete(beat him one game by 1 pin) and talked with him during a pba regional.. very sorry to hear the loss of one of the best bowlers and pioneers of his time... he will be missed

I think he was supposed to be in Highland bowling this comming weekend for the PBA Senior Tour Reginal. He been to all the ones in the past @ Hi Top.

Yes, he was scheduled to bowl this weekend here in Highland. I recieved the call from Guppy Troup and Tim Kauble, that morning. That group of guys won't be the same!

Bowling loses a true Legend

The bowling world was truly jolted with the passing of Dick Weber.He was a great bowler but also an ambassador for the game and also one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Being a PBA member myself I had met Dick years ago and a few times bowled in regionals against him.He was a class act and it was my honor to call him a friend. Last summer I invited him to come over as a guest for our "St. Clair bowling night at the races at Belle-Clair. He was out of town on business for AMF but he said to let him know the date for 2005 and if he was in town he would not only come over but he would bring PBA star ,son Pete along also.I said that would be awesome and if he just wanted to stay a while to sigh autographs and then take off that would be cool. Dick told me nonsense, if we come over we will stay for the races.Well,there will be no visit by Mr. Weber but I have some great memories to hold on to. Godspeed Dick, Mike Mineman.

I wish I could have met Dick Weber, I've heard nothing but good from all my bowling friends who have had the honor out here in western Missouri and even in South Dakota when I was stationed there. Bowling has really been hit hard in the last couple of years, Earl Anthony and now Dick Weber. For a sport that's really struggling to get back on the map like it used to be this is not good. Hopefully Walter Ray, Brian Voss, Norm Duke and even PDW can carry on and re-build. Remember the Budweiser legends team? No team will ever touch them, they may have beaten their scores but that team was pure raw talent. It's cool to see knowledgable bowling fans among the racing community.

Back