Didn't even take the green at MCS?

Brandon Paul

Free agent score guy
SO Denny "Attorney-at-Speed" Woodworth didn't even take the green and make 1-lap to get "to start" & 8th place money at MCS? :eek: Are they even paying "to start"? Think maybe it's time for UMP to stop "requesting" minimum payments and just back up a hard purse floor? :confused:

Of course you get paid to start 100.00 for LM you ever get tired a *****in about MCS. I saw your great post about tri-city so just stick to your possitives and stay with tri-city.

Hey smokinjoe, like I said, I wouldn't care about the low MCS car counts except that they strip the UMP points race of credibility.

Also, concerning your comment "of course they get $100 to start",are you sure about that? Where's that GUARANTEED? UMP "REQUESTS" $1000 to win, but that's not what winners are getting at MCS. Perhaps we might hear from any of the regular MCS LM racers concerning whether they get $100 to start the main.

I feel that some of the tracks that have weak car counts in the latemodels would gain in cars if UMP had a minimum payout. It is also possible that some of the tracks would try to race unsanctioned or drop latemodels all together. With todays gas prices nearing $2.00 a gallon I don't think alot of racers want to tow farther from home to race against weaker compitition at lower paying tracks, especially when the best track in the area is the closest one to home that runs Latemodels. I feel that if the gas prices went down, and they worked harder on track prep there would be more cars going there to have a better chance at winning, or to pick up easier points.

Seems like we've been hearing quite a lot concerning track conditions at MCS. Maybe there really is something to that... :rolleyes:

Mottsinger's point about gas prices having an effect raises a valid point as well. From a fan's perspective, I'll tell you the primary reason I go to TCS instead of I-55 on Sat. is due to gas prices making it prohibitve to drive down there every week. :(

But again, at some point shouldn't UMP establish a reasonable--even something as low as 10 cars--minimum AVERAGE car count for a track to maintain their sanction?

By the way, believe it or not folks, I really do wish Mel Kinnaird all the luck in solving the car count problem. :)

Oh and by the way you have stated this 1000.00 minimum by UMP before were do you get this information? The only time i know UMP mandates pay out is for the Summer Nationals. I also saw your referance to bad " to win " money and will Mell pay what he said Id love to here when the payout was not what Mell said it would be he has a sliding pay for more then so many cars or less the so many but pays what he says so what is you inference and how many tracks are paying out the chapionship money MCS has?

Brandon Did You Ever Think Denny Might Have Broke And Unable To Takee The Green... And Apparently You Haven't Been To The Track Lately It Has Been Getting Better Each Week.... And By The Way During The Weeks People Were Saying The Track Was Rough,.. There Was 3 Track Records Broken In Qualifying... Must Not Have Been That Rough...the Races There Have Been Top Notch Even With The Low Car Counts In Late Models...

:mad: Brandon for your info something did break on his car . so No he didn't get to make a lap in the feature. I don't know about everyone else but I am tired of hearing it. :mad:

Mcs

I am so tired of hearing people bad mouthing this track, Mel has done a great job and I would say in my opinion the majority of the drivers are happy with MCS. There are numerous tracks they could race at, but they pick MCS...the LM car count, appearently no one knows the real reason, if any, that the car count is so low, hopefully as the weeks go on it will improve. Even with an eight car count, it was a good race. The track keeps getting better and better each week, in the pits I really did not hear anyone complaining about the conditions, and from what I have seen on other posts, other tracks in the area have problems with rough tracks also. I just don't understand why some people get on here running their mouth about situations they know nothing about... I hope the bird returns to the stand as the flagman, I am not sure why people were complaining about him, but from my view, he does a great job. Lets hope Mother Nature gives us a break and we get some good racing in this weekend!

????

Not to be bashing MCS cause I never have. I am really feeling for Mel from all the bashing. I just want to point out to some of the MCS people who talk. Brandon I think you have really worn this subject out. There is another post for this is. I would think we don't need 20 post on the same subject :( But that is J/M/O

Here is what I read on another post and then I see something different on this post by the same person.
Quote : :( Well I heard Mel lost another latemodel driver last night. Denny Woodworth packed it up after the dash last night. He was having problems getting his car to run right and said the track was very rough. He said he won't be coming back. I did hear that Keith Pratt won the feature for the latemodels. I think Mel is now going to end up losing more latemodels with nothing is being done to work on the track and gettin more cars. Well will see if Denny changes his mind and comes back but for right now it is a no :(

Now what I am reading on another post is:
:mad: Brandon for your info something did break on his car. So no he didn't get to make a lap in the feature. I don't know about everyone esle but I am tired of hearing it. :mad:

I for one am getting tired of it also. I hear this is a GREAT LITTLE track and
I would love for it to make it cause I know you can't just build a track and it take care of itself. Alot of work goes into the whole program all the way to the wrapper for the corn dog. :rolleyes: MMMM that is sounding good w/mustard please that someone has to make sure is there also because some wise cracker will post a complaint on that also :mad:
Come on you guys quit posting I HEARD then say something else because all you are doing is causing MORE damage to the track it's self.. Everyone is talking Latemodels- Hell Mel has more modifieds A & B than all the tracks run together almost. He still has a good car count. DO NOT count him out guys. Maybe alittle support would get more done. There are other tracks that do very well w/out latemodels. You can't make people come and all this negativity d/n help either. Mel I hope you have a GREAT Show of Latemodels this weekend. And to finish this novel C' MON you guys ease up. ESPECIALLY if you are not there or was not there. And stick to the FACTS for Pete's sake none of this I heard from Joe Blow :eek: :D

Lisa

Folks, just for the record, I did not originally bring up the issue of the MCS car count to bash MCS or Mel Kinnaird. I wish him, and MCS, all the best. I hope they have a load of cars this weekend. My point from the beginning has been the issue of what small LM car counts do to the integrity of the UMP points race. If they ran unsanctioned, I wouldn't care about their car count. And by the way, I know MCS has done quite well with the MOD car counts.

As for the issue of Denny W. loading up,OK I was wrong,I jumped the gun,mea culpa, I'm sorry. Nothing was ever meant against Woodworth, and if anyone took it that way, again, I'm sorry.

:) Brandon I would like to say Thank u for saying you are sorry. Denny is now gettin his new UMP car ready as we speak to go to Godfrey And He will be going back MCS. Denny loves racin at both tracks and has a good time doing what he loves to do. So hopefully the weather will hold off and everyone has a great time racin on the holiday weekend. :D

Back