DIRT Registration forms for UMP drivers!!

First that I've noticed, but on the registration form, there is a spot for

UMP Modified
UMP Limited Modified
UMP Late Model

I never heard of the limited modified. Guess I will do some checking...

So are we required to join in order to race at a UMP event or is it open like it has been in the past? If it is required, what do we get? Is there any increased insurance coverage or anything like that?

If you want UMP National point and the money that goes with it, then you will need to join like in the past.

jpugh said:
If you want UMP National point and the money that goes with it, then you will need to join like in the past.

The reason that I ask is that I read a post on another board that made it sound like you must join DIRT to race in any UMP event.

Now you present a new twist to the ever growing problems of not know what is what. This needs to be answered by someone from UMP or DIRT.
I was just going by past UMP processes and now it could sound like it is something totally different.

REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED IN 2005!!!

You must be registered to race at a UMP event.

There is still only the UMP Late Model and UMP Modified division.

jdearing said:
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED IN 2005!!!

You must be registered to race at a UMP event.

There is still only the UMP Late Model and UMP Modified division.

So, what happens to non-members? Can they show up and run at a UMP track for a special show?

"You must be registered to race at a UMP event."

Just my opinion, but it sounds like there will be no exceptions.

If you show up to a race without a valid license registration, you must buy one at the track before you can race.

Only drivers must register. Pit crews do not.

One other thing I found interesting was the line on page 2 of the Driver Registration Form was the section that read, "All drivers must purchase a separate DIRT license for each class he/she participates in. For each additional class that a driver participates in, the cost shall be fifty dollars ($50).

Clarification

I was just reading that too. So if you select the UMP Late Model it costs $75.00 today. What happens when the summer shows come to town and someone wants to try to run that show?? The way I read it you either pay $50.00 now, (just in case) or pay $125.00 at the gate??
Are the Limited Late Models the steel block (ironman) class??

The way I read this is if a guy wants to possibly run the WOO special show, the UMP weekly shows and the steel block class the fee is $200.00 today.

Please clarify.

UMP does not have the UMP Limited Late Model class. The form was made up incorrectly.

UMP only has UMP Late Models and UMP Modifieds.

My understanding is that you must have a separate license for the UMP Late Model weekly series and the WoO Late Model traveling series.

Thats Crap To Have To Buy A License To Run Ump. It Should Only Be If You Want Points. Memmer Never Had To Have That Loyalty To Make Ump Successful.

So then the weekly registration fee will be $75.00.
Then if you want to run any special show it will either cost at the gate or pay the $50.00 now ??
Or is this where an issue may arise. If you want the option to run the WOO events do you have to pay full rate ($100.00) and then the $50.00 fee would be associated to the weekly series?? I would wonder if someone would be concerned with the possibility of someone not paying the full rate listed for the WOO Series. I would think if you are being offered a discounted rate for a supplemental registration you would be required to pay for the higher priced one first and then get a discount on the lower fee.

I would assume that any local late model guy should be prepared to fork over $150.00 so they can at least run weekly and the nationals at I-55.

Back