Dirt Track Demographics

airchicken

I am trying to put some info together for racers and race teams to use when selling there racing product to potential sponsors. This report will be shared with who ever needs it so can any one help ? Is this info already available ? The things I'm looking for is age , marital status , household income, own a home , how many vehicles , how many recreational vehicles, type of employment, children, attend race events w/ friend, family , or both, how much spent per person at an event , and DO TRY TO BUY A PRODUCT OR USE A SERVICE THAT YOU SEE ON A RACE CAR OR AT A RACE TRACK?

Thanks for your help .
This should benefit racers, tracks, and fans.

Joe Hajek

I don't know if that info is out there already or not, but if you really want to know and have the funds to do it, you could hand out a survey at a few race tracks some night with those questions on it. You'd probably need the tracks permission, but as an added incentive to fill it out you could give out something like a buy one get one free soda coupon at the exits while someone collects the survey. Some other demographic questions you might want to ask is sex and how often do they attend the races. Just a suggestion. Let me know if that sounds like something you might do.
-Katie

Great input keep them coming ! I wander if Jimmy could set something up here that would be anonymous but accurate?

Surrvey's for track info

My wife has a small market research company that she has been running for several years now I am sure we could help put something togather for you all to get out if you would like give me a call at 314-324-5899 name is tommy clyne.

You may want to contact some of the Sanctioning bodies, some of them do a lot of reseach in this area.

Here's something I got from the old Hav-a-Tampa Series way back when. At that time they had no problem sharing their reseach with race teams and others.

Race Fan
By definition, the motor sports enthusiast is a brand-loyal, free spending fan, who feels an obligation to support companies that provide the sponsorship for their favorite teams and drivers. The Dirt Late Model demographics provide an ideal match for the marketing objectives of both automotive and non-automotive sponsors. Specifically, when you put the spotlight on the typical Dirt Late Model fan, he has the following profile.

Typical Race Fan
-30 to 40 years of age
-High school educated
-From all income brackets
-Male
-Married
-Employed
-72% Have Internet Access
-Also a NASCAR fan
-Attends 10+ races
-30% Female
44% Earn more than $44,000.00per year

The Dirt Late Model fan demographic research quoted here was compiled from six Hav-A-Tampa Dirt Racing Series events held between February and August of 2000. A total of 1926 random personal interview surveys were completed and returned. Participants were entered into a drawing for souvenir merchandises at each event. Not all answers were completed by all respondents.

This is older data but, you get the idea.

Hope it helps and good luck.

00BusDriver

Back