Do You Think Tracks Should Use 500lb Uke Tires For Corner Markers?

Do You Think Tracks Should Use 500 lb Uke Tires For Corner Makers?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 58 86.6%

• Total voters
This is a pretty heavy question but your spindles, center links & wheels are crying for help!
I lost the 1956 National Spelling Bee Contest on that word "MARKER" it still marks me mad!

Last edited:
Uke is really Euc. Short for Euclid. That is a brand name there has to be a better option for corner markers

I always liked the half buried tires, I don't know why tracks stopped using them.

Get some old E-rated truck or trailer tires, not floppy car tires; bury them halfway in the ground, leave plenty tire exposed so drivers can't hook the LF inside without consequence and set them in concrete to keep them from popping out accidentally.

I bet this will also keep the race line from getting moved around by the push truck mid-feature.....

My kid about got killed by one at lucas oil speedway. And they f up a latemodel as bad as a pro 4 but only costs more.

I watched a flagman at White City get killed from the tire being hit and flipping over and on top of him...I was 15 foot away and seen the whole thing

Did anyone see at Mod Mania this year, a really nice mod flip coming out of turn 4? He got forced down into the "500 lb Tire" and he flipped big time. Lucky nobody got hurt, but it sure cost somebody a lot of money.

I think they need to find something I hate going to a track that has them and actually have gotten to the point that if they use them we don't race there.

I like how Belleville uses them, th protect cars from the end of the wall. But they shouldnt be able to be moved. Its dangerous and controversial

Only for protecting the ends of walls and poles. Using them in the corners like Tri CIty is ridiculous. I love the track but this is one of my biggest pet peeves. I've fixed a lot of damage to an A-mod from those things - in 2013 there were at least 3 A mods that flipped after hitting those, and a couple last year including the one in Mod Mania. A couple of them were totalled. Kevin needs to do like other tracks and bury regular tires around the corners or something safer....

West Plains Motor Speedway-----no tires, just a shallow drainage ditch, with a dirt berm inside---- the hot shoe tries to cut the corner for a advantage--guess what? he ends up high centered on the berm---no spindle damage( or less) , some bent up front end sheet metal---
I agree with the results of this poll---Euc tires are nasty---period.

Back