Does anybody besides myself smell a FISH!!!!

Scruffy

I'm sorry but did anybody else notice that one of the fifty-fifty girls won the fifty-fifty at Highland tonight?????? I thought the golden rule was that if you sell the tickets you can't get in?????Again I'm sorry just looked fishy to me and my friends.:confused::mad:

I don't know the answer to that but I think at any track they should make sure the money is given away not just call 1 number and if someone clames it cool but if no one clames it Who gets it?

Normally the winner donates the money back anyway. I never heard if the girl did or not but I know in the past years it has been give back for the cause..

scruffy, I did not draw the money ticket but I saw the money ticket being drawn.

I agree that people selling tickets should not buy them to avoid any suspicions or concerns from ticket buyers about the fairness of the drawing.

That said, just to keep things free of any concerns ticket buyers may have, I can promise you that if I don't draw the money ticket next year, I won't be there next year.

TTG/MM

Way to stand up for whats right TTG. Why is there always some sort of controversie at Highland? My dad says its the fair board, my uncle says its the sharp shooters.

fishy?

Come on Mike... it was awesome hearing you at Highland again last night. I do admit that one of the girls working was a crock and honestly someone besides them should have drawn the winning ticket but I'd hate to see you not come back for such a great event because of that. There are worst things that go on at a track and people still announce there. Your not there to announce the 50/50 your there to keep us entertained, which you do very well.... the whole night was pretty good except for the late model roll over and Goetter trashing his car. Hope he's feeling ok today.

Brenda
JMO

Controversy at Highland? You say that like it's exclusively Highland. I know you read the boards, there's always someone saying there's something controversial about every track in this area. This week it's the 50/50 at Highland, last week it was the non-call/wrong call at some other track, or calling off the races due to the rain that was/wasn't, or someone pulled a pill for someone and they always get #1, or the track prep stunk, or the concession stands weren't up to the customers' expectations the first night of the season.

It's always something.:rolleyes:

i'm Sorry But Did Anybody Else Notice That One Of The Fifty-fifty Girls Won The Fifty-fifty At Highland Tonight?????? I Thought The Golden Rule Was That If You Sell The Tickets You Can't Get In?????again I'm Sorry Just Looked Fishy To Me And My Friends.:confused::mad:

I Have To Agree On This One. In The Past Years 50/50 Tickets Sellers Was Not Allowed To By Any Tickets. As For The Lady That Won The $1000 And Some Change Was A Ticket Seller That Atends Jody's Sports Bar. Um Lets See M.s Night (jody's Idea) The M.s Fun Day In Highland The Last Two Years Was A Flop, She Exspected To Everything For Free,. O Well Thats A Diff Story........... But Yes Scruffy I Smelt A Strong Oder Of Fish. Lol.. Any One Wanna Guess Where She Went After The Races I Have One.. O Course Jody's Sport Bar. Man What Are The Chances..lol

O And About The 50/50 Winners Giving Money Back Thats A Funny One Half The Time They Go Right Down To The Beer Stands And Get Drunk The Only Person I Have Seen Give Money Back Was Robbie Elliers The 3e Machine.. And He Was The Race Winner

Brenda, thanks. I agree I'm not there to announce 50/50 drawings but it is still part of what I do during the race program.

As such, I want to be part of what's right and free of suspicion.

What's not good for racing is not good for me. Most of the areas local tracks run 50/50 to support the drivers' point funds. I do not want a grey cloud to hang over our local point fund 50/50 drawings.

Could the drawing or should the drawing have been handled better? Yes, of course, but if the winner paid her money I feel she had a right to win like everyone else who bought a ticket.

Let's learn from this, go forward, and hope everybody gets the message.

And I'm done replying on this one.

TTG/MM

50/50

I understand where your coming from Mike.... Keep up the great announcing. I love hearing you announce. You make racing fun.

Brenda

I'm not sure what went on and I don't speak for anyone but me.

My opinion.

This is a very large time consuming event. Jody spends hours and hours on this fundraiser alone, getting sponsors, contacting drivers, meeting with the city, Sharpshooters, Fair board, track crew, on and on and on.

Since this is such a large event, volunteers are needed, many of them. Its hard getting young people to work, let alone volunteer. The helpers seem to be different every year and appear younger and younger every year, (or maybe I'm just getting old). I'm not sure, but I don't thing she had the help she had in prior years for whatever reason. Maybe this girl didn’t think anything about the instance if she won. I don’t know who won. I never heard.

Hopefully, this was just an oversight/honest mistake. But, in an event such as this these oversights/mistakes cannot happen, not these day's. Hopefully her winning was legit. Unfortunately, too many good people do bad things, and as an organizer everything must be questioned and done in a fashion where there is absolutely no question of legitimatize. This is my take, it happened once, and it shouldn’t have. Remember the saying, “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”.

This needs to be addressed with Jody and I’m sure many will/have. I know I will. But, I will also give her the benefit of doubt, this one time. She’s earned that, for all she’s done for the past 12 years of this and 17 years of fundraising for MS. I believe Mike said they have risen over $350,000 for the MS. I’ve sponsored the booklet for many of years and will continue my support.

Thank you Mike for a wonderful job of announcing,,,,I never knew the cars had that many sponsors. I have never heard their names mentioned before....You are a class act,,,keep up the good work.

The girl that won has been helping for years now,she's a bartender at Jody's place. I have seen her selling 50/50 the last 3 years at the event.

wow scruffnz

i can't believe you said something smells fishy,and nobody said it was your upper lip...jeeez we are geting old!!!!:D

Back