Doing a little house cleaning.

Shaw18 Racing

St. Jacob Glass
I am looking to make some room in my shop. Will sell one or more of my saturns race ready. $1500-2500 Depending on which car you pick. The champion car will cost you $3000. I will be willing give new panels with car. And Scrapy(aka Bobby Zbindin) they all got the "good stuff" that makes the 124 hp go 'round. :D

Rob n Justin

Shaw18 Racing said:
And Scrapy(aka Bobby Zbindin) they all got the "good stuff" that makes the 124 hp go 'round. :D

Rob n Justin

if your gonna call somebody out you should at least spell there name right

alright here, i have a ?. 3000$ for a HORNET? don't u think that is a little pricey?? i mean u could buy three for the price of that. i don't see how a stock saturn is worth 3,000$. I mean i understand u put money into making it. u must have a lot of work done to it. unless u got some cams and modules in their that aint worth 3,000.

Just think he said in another post he said he only has 1375.00 in his cars thats less than half he wants for the cars. But cars that are proven to win are worth a lil more money that you have in them idk about that much tho.

All of my cars are set up and ready to win with all stock parts. Some may think I'm high on my price but my last car went for $2000 (green 18R) and I had my orange single cam car sold for $3000. I had to back out of selling it after Justin wrecked his car and needed another one. I know what it takes to win in this class and I'm not afraid to help someone who buys one of my cars. A race car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Rob

Question: Why doesnt knebels, burgess's, riley warren's old car, shulte's saturn, funderburk, why dont they run with yours?? I know not every car is the same but I dunno just seems like your car and justin's both go quite a bit faster than the rest of the saturns. Maybe its just the drivers. O and how many RPM's do you turn at highland, just a question.

Im sure if you asked Bobby,Riley, or Chad Burgess theyd all say there about the same speed just rob and justin can take the corners better. If youd want someone to ask Aaron Wood drove both Chads car (highland) and Robs car (tricity) hed proly say same just one car can take the corners better

Well 8jrfan I am going to have to disagree on that. I think Shaws cars had them beat on speed to as well as handling.

just my opinion:rolleyes:

Eric G.

RaCiNReDnEcK said:
Question: Why doesnt knebels, burgess's, riley warren's old car, shulte's saturn, funderburk, why dont they run with yours?? I know not every car is the same but I dunno just seems like your car and justin's both go quite a bit faster than the rest of the saturns. Maybe its just the drivers. O and how many RPM's do you turn at highland, just a question.
Funderburk's car is a single cam. Did you ever notice last year Bobby and Phil were never as fast as Robbie. Sure they have beat him before but overall Robbie was faster with the same car. The diffrence is the driver! I bought Shulte's old car and beat my own car at tri-city with their track champion driving it.The diffrence is the driver! Justin used the same junk motor all season and with a little teaching he has gotten a lot better. The diffrence is the driver! Every one is always quick to question a car when it is fast but never look at the driver.... I won with three diffrent cars this year trying to prove it's not just the car that's fast but every one just wonders what I do to the car. Last year when I wanted to be faster I studied the best driver on the track (Robbie E) and thought how can I drive my car to be faster.:rolleyes:
Also my car has a stock PCM from a twin cam automatic trans. Saturn the same make and model as my car and I hit my rev-limitter @7500 RPM. So does # 52,18W,17,71,2B,and 77. I also drove the 18W car at Highland ,when my car broke, started dead last (21st) and finished side by side with Russel E for 9th in ten laps. What do I have to do to prove to you that I am compleatly stock?

Rob Shaw

The rules say same make and model (Saturn SL2).My car is a 91' with a 95' motor. Is that illegal? Sulte's old car is manual with a auto wire harness, or did'nt you you switch your car from a carb to fuel injection. Are these cars illegal too? Also, last year I won seven features with a manual PCM @6500 RPM. If you think my cars are so great then why don't you buy one......Yes my cars are fast, but fast w/o performance parts. You can win with a stock car!!!!

Rob

Here we go again???? I am not trying to step on anyones toes by saying this, but instead of trading jabs on this forum why don't you guys go to the rules meetings at these tracks? Write all your concerns and ideas down and take them w/you. Speak up nice and loud and say what you want. I try to get along and help everyone I race with. I don't think anyone that has gotten to know me can say different. That doesn't mean I would appreciate getting cheated though which goes back to the entire purpose of the "Attention Hornet Drivers" thread. Let's try to improve the class instead of jawing back and fourth. If you think that there are people out there that have stuff they aren't suppossed to have... GO TO THE RULES MEETINGS!

I don't know what is in anyones car unless they tell me. I do know I have been through the same thing before as far as being accused of "cheating". My car is bone stock. Now go try and tell that to certain people. They will laugh in your face or call you a liar and tell you I'd cheat to beat my Grandmother if I had to. What are you suppossed to do about it?

It takes a good car and good driver to win. One cannot completely make up for the other. I can't give you any indication of what kind of piece the 77 car is because I never turned a single lap before the hub broke. I screwed up and basically went to school when I drove the 18 car at TCS (Thanks for throwing me under the bus Rob! lol). Good power but the techniques I had success w/in my single cam car weren't effective. I barely hung w/the top 5 and the 3e beat me by a nose for 7th. Now what does that mean? That the car was junk and I made up for it? That it was a rocket and I held it back? Probably neither. Two drivers passed me in that race. This years track champion at Highland and last years track champion at Highland. That should tell you something. The 18 car is a good car and I certainly believe that I'm a good driver. But if you're not on your game, even in a good car you won't win. The car alone won't usually get it done, somebody has to drive it to the front. Can we get back to business now?

Did you ever notice last year Bobby and Phil were never as fast as Robbie. Sure they have beat him before but overall Robbie was faster with the same car. The diffrence is the driver!
Shaw 18racing.

Hey i would like to point sumtin out. for one robbie was and is a better driver than phil and especially bobby. also at b-town yes he ran better than bobby of coase. And still this year he runs better at b-town too. but at highland phils car was a little faster than his was cause the gearing was different. but like u said it takes a driver. so dont say that robbies was faster b/c i built them cars with me robbie and my dad and they are exactly identical. also tapes can help ur driving but not ur horsepower(not being sarcastic)

I wasnt trying to complain about much anything rob, I mean if the tech guy gives you the OK then your fine. If the tech guy gives me the ok next year I guess my car will be fine. If anything why dont we just keep the rules the same as last year. Because I really dont want to be claiming any stock saturn engines. because I dont think it would make my toyota any faster. LOL

I was also wondering if anyone knew where I could find a dyno? I always wanted to know what the old Toyota is crankin out. Rob you know any access to dyno's???

And on the Driver subject, I guess my car ran like sh*t all year because im a bad driver, I guess I should have been able to win on 3 injectors being the 4 one was clogged. And when I fixed my car I magically became a better driver because I almost, I say almost, won a heat race but hit lap traffic, got passed by rob, but damn I must have been on top of my game to be able to drive a car that finished 15th 1 week to up front next week and the week after that. Theres my proof that it can go both ways.

(This is justin) Ryan, why are you using two different screen names on this post? yes.. we broke your code.. just wondering. Also,we arent saying anything about robbie besides that he is a better driver with the same car.

Back