Don Klein gave us another thrill at Pevely!

Racerrod

racerrod
When Randy Korte tried to pull off a slide job he had no idea that the 66 year old cagey veteran was not gonna lift and let the youngster go on by. Klein came out of turn 4 with his FORD full throttle and beat Korte into turn 1. The crowd roared on the front stretch as Klein held off Korte for about 2 more laps. Korte eventually went on by but Klein showed he still has a lot in the tank.

I want to also personally thank Dandy Don Klein for being so gracious to my daughter afterwards. She wanted to meet Don and it was a real thrill for my 10 year old girl. She was blushing as I took her photo with Dandy Don. Don also chatted with me for about 5 minutes and he couldn't have been any nicer to us. Thanks for all the memories in the past and the one you gave us tonight! You truly are a Dandy! Did anyone else see this racing between Korte and Klein early in the night?

RacerRod

How many generations of young fans has Don been this gracious toward? Like it says by the "Energizer Bunny" on the rear deck lid of the red #28--after nearly a half century he just keeps going, and going... :D

Dandy Don

he was ,is and always will be the best around he still looks good on and off of track at 66 years old and 49 years of racing keep it up you are the best :) :D

Don has 3rd generation fans...my mom watched him when she was younger at Malden speedway, I have watched him at I-55 for years...and now my son is watching him race here. I have always heard if you are good at something stick with it. I think Don may have heard that too. Because he sure has stuck with it. That is awesome. Keep up the Good work Don.

WE ARE ON THE 3RD GENERATION ALSO. HE WAS ALWAYS MY FAMILIES FAVORITE.

I HAD KINDA OF A COOL THING HAPPEN THIS YEAR OPENNING NIGHT AT BELLE-CLAIR. 25 YEARS AGO IN 1979, I WON JR. FAN CLUB AND GOT TO RIDE WITH DONNIE IN HIS OLD COUPE. I WAS 9 YEARS OLD. THIS YEAR MY SON WHO IS 5 WON JR. FAN CLUB AND GOT TO RIDE WITH DONNIE. I'M SURE THEY ARE OTHERS WHO CAN SAY THIS. BUT NEVERTHELESS, I STILL THOUGH IT WAS COOL.:cool:

I drive by Donnie's house everyday I work. And every time I pass that place I look to see if I can catch a glimpse of him in the garage working on the car. It's kinda strange how a local driver like Donnie can impact a person by just driving a car.

Back