Donald McIntosh and Blount Motorsports to Part Ways

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Dawsonville, Georgia (09/25/17) – Donald McIntosh has enjoyed a successful and enjoyable three-year stint behind the wheel of the Blount Motorsports #7 XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model.
However, McIntosh and the team have amicably agreed to part ways at the end of the 2017 season.
“When I first got behind the wheel of the Blount Motorsports team car back at the World 100 in September 2014, I would’ve never dreamed that it would be the beginning of such an important tenure of my racing career,” McIntosh says. “I’m eternally indebted to the amazing opportunity that Larry Garner afforded me with this team. I really appreciate all of the hard work that crew chief, David Bryant has put into the cars. I’ve learned so much and had a great time. I’m just to a point in my career where I want to take things in a slightly different direction.”
Behind the wheel of the team’s familiar black and yellow #7, McIntosh raced to the Old Man's Garage Spring Nationals championship in 2015 and 2016. He also won the Southern Nationals Bonus Series championship in 2016. Along the way he tabulated double digit wins.
“There’s no possible way that I can thank Mr. Larry Garner enough for all that he’s done for me,” McIntosh continues. “He and I spoke late last week, and we are definitely parting on good terms. I will always consider him to be a good friend, and I wish him the best of luck with his team as they move forward.”
Donald will finish the 2017 campaign with the team as he looks to claim another Southern Nationals Bonus Series championship. This weekend the team will travel to Ray Cook’s Tri-County Race Track (Brasstown, North Carolina) for a Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series event on Friday night before heading to Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) and Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia) on Saturday and Sunday evening for a pair of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series programs.
For more information on the events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com and www.LucasDirt.com .
Donald is currently putting plans in place for the 2018 season. More details will be released in the coming weeks.
Donald McIntosh would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Stowers CAT, Ole Ben Franklin Motors, Tennessee RV Super Center, Blount Excavating, Massey Electric Company, Arnold’s Trucking, Cherokee Millwright & Mechanical, Rocket Chassis, Matlock Decal Company, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Donald McIntosh, please visit www.DonaldMcIntoshRacing.com .

Thanks!
Ben Shelton, Owner
MSR Mafia Marketing & Website Services - www.MSRMafia.com
The Midsouth Racing Scene - www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back