Don't Buy Gas on May 19, 2004

JeepFan55

Danny Heiple
I did not write this I just received it in a e-mail and found it be interesting, and what a better way to reach a lot people than through this wonderful site. Hey - see what you think!!! If you agree, copy the text and paste in your e-mail and send it to those you know.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHINDS DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT
GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

umm.... not buying gas on a particular day does not change the quantity of gas demanded overall. Kind of like Sunday shopping, at first, it seemed like the stores were taking in a lot of extra money by being open on Sunday, then over time they figured out that the revenues on other days dropped proportionately.

dave

dave0654 said:
As long as dubya is in office the price of gas will not go down! :mad:

Actually, "Dubya" and the GOP have been trying to get a renewable fuels standard passed in Congress for the past five years that would not only significantly reduce gas prices, but would be more environmentally-friendly by using ethanol as a fuel additive over petroleum-based MTBE, but the Dems keep shooting it down. In fact, the President has stood up to many in his own party who support "Big Oil" and petroleum to get this passed, but to no avail.

The Democrats have also shot down every opportunity to drill in the unpopulated wasteland of ANWR, even though the Alaskan Congressmen and the Alaskan people lobby for it, since it would provide federal monies to that state, but the Dems shoot that down, too.

Basically, the Dems complain about America's dependance on foreign oil, saying we're in a war for oil, but then shoot down EVERY SINGLE CHANCE to ween ourselves from that foreign dependence. Maybe you should look up the facts before engaging in "dubya"-bashing rhetoric...

t.nie

Thanks. Actually, I'm not trying to start a political argument here, but one should know the facts when only one side of the argument is being presented. I spent enough years working with the government and working in politics to know neither side is very trustworthy, but there are always two sides to every story...

Sometimes there are three sides!

Don't forget... Bush comes from an oil family. The Bush family made their good fortune in Texas oil long before they were in politics.

Dick Cheney was one of the top execs at Haliburton (spelling?) and gee, who got the oil/fuel contract fot the Armed Forces in Iraq? You guessed it.... Haliburtin.

The least those people that we are over their trying to win THEIR freedom for is they could fuel our Armed Services vehicles why we are there and ship some back here.

The Bush and Cheney team have been silent on the gas prices.

Remember when the Desert Storm took place with Clinton in office? Clinton mandated an immediate release of OUR OWN FUEL RESERVES to help control the cost of gas to the average american.

Bush and Cheney are making TONS of money right now and they ain't about to do a damn thing.

I wish this thing could/would work, but unfortunately, I HAVE to fill-up EVERYDAY. No matter what. No matter when I buy gas - I'm still going to use the same amount of gas in a week's time. I would just have to buy it on the night before so it cancels the next day's "boycott" out.

Now, If someone can arrange for me to be off work (without losing pay) I would be able to skip a day. Unfortunately, since smeone I know sat on their butt all winter long rather than work on their racecar, I have no vacation days left - so that is not an option either. Oh well - just my two sents worth!

28jrracer

And Bush alienated a lot of people by siding with farmers and ethanol producers over the MTBE producers and petroleum producers. As far as gas prices go, I'm not going to be so naive or partisan as to say the government could not lower gas prices, but a lot of the blame lies with OPEC, who are raising oil prices and withholding considerable amounts of oil.

Haliburton being awarded the contracts shouldn't be viewed as partisan; can you name another organization who should have gotten the contracts? And Haliburon didn't look too good when the Pentagon busted them for overcharging a few months ago. If they were as "in" as everyone thinks, nothing would have been said. Instead, they were charged several million dollars in fines and restitutions.

And let's be fair: Life is about hook-ups. There's not a person on this board who hasn't benefitted from a hook-up or hasn't hooked up someone else at least once. And if you think the Democrats and their civilian corporate supporters, especially in the Clinton era, don't benefit from government-related hook-ups, that would be an incorrect assessment.

Is it wrong? Maybe, but to be so biased and blind (not pointed out at you specifically, 28, but at others who may feel this way) to think YOUR party is perfect and the other is evil, is incredibly naive and incredibly foolish. Rhetoric exists in both parties and just because it's trendy to bash the current administration, one should be aware of the facts before spouting off. Politics shouldn't be a popularity contest; the best person for the job should be the one voted in, whether you like him personally or not.

i dont know about u all, but where i live in il, gas is 2.20 a gal, i was in ky 2 weeks ago it was 1.64.my question is, why the big price change, maybe we should start with the big citys and lower there gas,just cause i live close to a big city doest mean i make big money.i was planning on folllowing the summer nats the first week of july, but not with gas prices the way they are now, and what if they keep going up, what might we see this summer 3.50... also how does this affect racing fuel i can only imagin what it costs ...where does it stop when the new presidential campaines start??

DIRTFN4EVER said:
i dont know about u all, but where i live in il, gas is 2.20 a gal, i was in ky 2 weeks ago it was 1.64.my question is, why the big price change, maybe we should start with the big citys and lower there gas,just cause i live close to a big city doest mean i make big money.i was planning on folllowing the summer nats the first week of july, but not with gas prices the way they are now, and what if they keep going up, what might we see this summer 3.50... also how does this affect racing fuel i can only imagin what it costs ...where does it stop when the new presidential campaines start??

Part of the reason we're seeing the gas spike IS the election...the oil companies know they can get away with it, especially now. Remember 9/11, when some scumbag gas station owners jacked the price of gas that day to six bucks a gallon? We're seeing the same thing, on a lower level, now. And believe, I feel your pain. I drove to Martinsville to work the NCTS race and I'll be driving to Mansfield this weekend to work the race...gas don't get no cheaper out of the city, let me tell you...

Well here in Missouri its $1.84, and I think you have higher gas taxes on your side of the creek. Our gas prices have alot of taxes because our last two goveners have never met a tax they didn't hike. I didn't mourn Carnahan, and I wouldn't mourn Holden. In fact Trashdog and I boo'd(something I would punish my kids for doing to any racer)Holden at a Cards game last year. Il has some very nice highways, but I don' think they are $.40/gal nicer than ours.

Skippy is right on everything he has said, tapping the Alaskan oil would make it more of a motorist market more than anything other than nocking off some opec countries, not that Im against nocking off ALL opec countries. Ethenol is a viable fuel that the communist/democrats keep blocking, but methenol can cause a latemodel to run out if there is too many cautions.

skippy05 said:
Actually, "Dubya" and the GOP have been trying to get a renewable fuels standard passed in Congress for the past five years that would not only significantly reduce gas prices, but would be more environmentally-friendly by using ethanol as a fuel additive over petroleum-based MTBE, but the Dems keep shooting it down. In fact, the President has stood up to many in his own party who support "Big Oil" and petroleum to get this passed, but to no avail.

The Democrats have also shot down every opportunity to drill in the unpopulated wasteland of ANWR, even though the Alaskan Congressmen and the Alaskan people lobby for it, since it would provide federal monies to that state, but the Dems shoot that down, too.

Basically, the Dems complain about America's dependance on foreign oil, saying we're in a war for oil, but then shoot down EVERY SINGLE CHANCE to ween ourselves from that foreign dependence. Maybe you should look up the facts before engaging in "dubya"-bashing rhetoric...

And we also have to remember facts do get twisted around alot to make others look bad. If you would have seen a picture and article in the alton telegraph a few weeks ago it was a pic of a car in the shell museum in woodriver. I cant remember the actual year late fifties or 60's, but this car with the shell logo on it holds the world record for like a 169 miles to the gal.
so you tell me what the Dems & Repubs got to argue about. Its there its proven! They need to get off there rears and let loose of some of this info. Any time people have to "rely" on something such as gas, power, telephone, beef....ect. it seems we get taken to the cleaners on it with little to spare on anything else in life.

And if you dont think bush has his hands in the oil barrel, somethings wrong! The only facts you have is whats pushed around in the media. Rush has all the facts! lol...Fools... You only know what they want you to know, or what to think. Just keep working at your job real hard, complaining in the break room, stating your facts and paying for all the thinks in life that the politicians have been fixing for years. As long as your doing that nothings getting fixed. Remember, there is one way to fix jail over crowding, and thats by making them all politicians.

Lets get back to racing

The bull **** is that we are paying about 15 to 20 cents more a gallon over here in Il than some of you im MO because our state has a higher tax on gas.

There is no way that Bush will authorize the release of emergency fuel reserves when he and Cheney are making a ton of money from the high oil prices. If I heard correctly, even Saudi Arabia is calling on OPEC to release oil reserves and lower prices.

I don't depend on gas but diesel, now that's different :p I say we bring home some everytime we ship something back from Baghdad.

Amen moonflow and 28jracer I stand corrected I forgot the price of gas will drop around election time and that will be another thing dubya will take credit for. The Cheney-Bush-Halliburton deal stinks to me. If some of you remember Clinton didnt win the election on his own accord in 92 but people had enough oh the old man Bush and voted against him. And I also am not saying I am Democrat either, just not a fan of the Bush family.

OPEC stated it was cutting production... 15 days later the gas prices are up a total of a MINIMUM of 45 cents a gallon.

I hear and read reports that IF OPEC kicks production up that we wont see any relief in prices for atleast 2 months.

Would somebody that is smarter than me PLEASE explain how this happens. To a simpleton like me it seems like somebody is gouging hard. That couldn't be the case because the government would NEVER let the general populous be taken advantage of.

I could give a rats behind who is in office, or what party they represent. All i know is wages are flat, and everything from gas to milk to beef is going through the damn roof.

Hell it costs 15 bucks to mow my stupid lawn now... aint that a kick in the #$@#

Grrrr

FOR SALE : Eddie Bauer Expedition: V-8 Triton. Promise to use your whole paycheck to fill up 1 1/2 times a week. :mad: Gas was 1.20 a gallon when we bought this BEAST. And right now you could not give it away..... I for one am not that beautiful to afford this much longer :mad:

Back