Doug Drown Wins Big 4 Series; Headed For Eldora

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Wooster, OH --- Ohio dirt Late Model racer Doug Drown of Wooster, OH had a busy weekend racing at both Hilltop Speedway and Lakeville Speedway, both in Ohio. Drown scored a victory and a second place finish driving his Wooster Glass Co., Mason Racin, Bert Transmissions, Genesis Racing Shocks, Hoosier Tire-Mid Atlantic, Hyperco, Wrisco, Lehman Motorsports Services, Farr Motorsports sponsored Rocket Chassis/Malcuit Racing Engines #12.

On Saturday night at Lakeville Speedway in Lakeville, OH for the 6th Annual American Payroll Advance Big 4 Series Drown ran second for a majority of the $2,000 to win 40-lap race. With four laps to go a caution waved and at the restart Drown did a slide job and took the lead after the he and Dave Hess, Jr., had made some contact. With a couple to go Drown, Corey Conley and Hess were three wide but Drown was able to hold on for the win over Conley, Hess, Charlie Duncan, Jason Flory, DJ Cline, Ryan Markham, J.R. Gentry, Benny Lester and Clint Coffman.

On Friday night at Hilltop Speedway in Millersburg, OH Drown and George ‘The General’ Lee put on a performance for the fans that saw close racing as Drown came up a bit short in his bid to overtake Lee for the win.

“I can't complain about how our weekend went except for that crazy George Lee with his wide open move to win the race on Friday (laughs)!” chuckled Drown. “After last week with the MACS the boys and I realized that we had a good qualifying set up but when it came to racing we were just off. This week we worked on our setup and went back to the basics. This was the best the car has felt all year so I hope we are headed back in the right direction.”

“On Saturday, even though we won, it wasn't the way I wanted to. I didn't even realize that I made slight contact with Dave (Hess) when I came up off the bottom. I tried several times before and always fell back in line since I knew I didn't have him cleared but when I felt I had enough room I went ahead and moved up. I guess it was only with the quarter panel so it wasn't like it was a slam or anything like that to make the pass plus I was over 3/4 the way passed him.”

“I know if he was in my position he would have done the same so I have to look at it like that I guess as any other racer would have. Dave has always raced me clean so I apologize if he felt I was totally in the wrong.”

“The race tracks were really good this weekend as both had a top and bottom to them so hats off to the track crew this week, especially with the weather being so unpredictable this week. I would also like to thank my sponsors for their support and crew for another great week in the garage.”

This coming weekend Drown will be competing at Eldora Speedway in the 13th Annual Dirt Late Model Dream. “We are looking forward to racing at Eldora again,” commented Drown. “It helped last year getting to turn so many laps at the world by running the non-qualifiers race since I was 121 fastest or slowest however you look at it (laughs)! And also run a heat race since a car scratched from their heat.”

“The worst part it that the last couple times we've been there we have tore the car up some, so I hope not to continue that streak. I'm not too sure what to expect this year with the re-shaping of the tracks bank and new clay added. No matter what it is still Eldora and I am looking forward at doing my best against some of the best.”

“Things have been going decent this year and I hope that continues on at Eldora, either way we will go looking to get better then we were the previous time there, if I can do that then I will be happy. But of course if we would make the race then I would be thrilled.”

In other news a recent addition to the Doug Drown Racing team is an old face. “Two weeks ago Ken Moser joined back up with the team, where he will be helping out during the week as much as possible,” explained Drown. “He and his wife are adding an additional member to their family so he is doing what he can which is greatly appreciated since he knows what he's doing and goes over a car thoroughly.”

Crewing for Doug Drown Racing in 2007 is crew chief Jeff Drown, Scott Delaney, Dan Drown, Jim Boreman, Scott Drown, Shane Hites and Ken Moser.

In addition to the full MACS schedule, Drown will also be competing in various special independent races in addition to selected races sanctioned by Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, World of Outlaws, UMP, Sunoco ALMS and Independent Racing Series.

Doug, Courtney & Cale Drown will also soon be announcing the recipient of the 3rd Annual Cause For Care Racecar Show & Benefit that will again be held at the Wayne County Fairgrounds in Wooster, OH on Sunday July 22, 2007.

For more information on Doug Drown visit his website at: www.dougdrown.com

-Prepared by Lehman Motorsports Services

Doug Drown Racing would like to acknowledge their 2007 supporters:

Wooster Glass Co., Mason Racin, Bert Transmissions, Malcuit Racing Engines, Genesis Racing Shocks, Hoosier Tire-Mid Atlantic, Wrisco Prefinished Aluminum, Hyperco, Lehman Motorsports Services, Rocket Chassis, Farr Motorsports

Back