Dover Aiming to Add to Win Total During Hockett/McMillin Memorial This Weekend

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - SPRINGFIELD, Neb. (Sept. 18, 2018) - Jack Dover will join forces with Chris Bowers to tackle the 8th annual Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial this weekend at Lucas Oil Speedway.

Dover has earned at least one top 10 each year he's competed in the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour presented by SawBlade.com event - he didn't race it in 2013 and 2015 - with a handful of fourth-place finishes marking his best result at the oval in Wheatland, Mo.

574437bc-6640-4443-90cb-fc48bb5b6add.jpg
"Last year we went down there and I think we ran ninth on the final night," he said. "I was in a car I just hopped into and didn't know anything about it. This year Chris has the same motor as I run and it's my car from last year so I know how the car reacts and how to set it up."

Dover said his goal is to earn a top 10 each night this weekend.

"I think that's a realistic goal that we can set," he said. "They key is to just make sure everything is right on our car and give it 110 percent every time we go onto the track. Every position counts there."

Dover has won five of his last seven 360ci winged sprint car races to give him a dozen feature triumphs this season. He's recorded at least 12 wins in a year seven different times in his career and his season high for victories is only three away.

"We've had a great season so we're really confident," he said. "Confidence is a huge part of racing so when that's on your side it seems like things work out more often than not. We're really excited for the opportunity this weekend."

SEASON STATS -

38 races, 12 wins, 24 top fives, 29 top 10s, 32 top 15s, 35 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Thursday through Saturday at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo., for the 8th annual Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour presented by SawBlade.com

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JackDoverRacing

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jackdoverracing?fref=ts

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - True Trucking

True Trucking is a trucking company based in Gretna, Neb.

"True Trucking specializes in everything when it comes to hauling," Dover said. "They can pretty much do it all. The True's are family friends who have always been there to support me. I appreciate their partnership and look forward to reaching Victory Lane with them a lot."

Dover would also like to thank Liquid Trucking, Carpet Land, SSS Motorsports, Moss Racing Engines, Certified Transmission, Backlund Plumbing, Speedway Graphics, Thorpe's Body Shop, Trail Performance Coatings Inc., Spike Chassis, Sway Away, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Schoenfeld Headers, Langfeldt Overhead Doors, K&N Filters, FK Rod Ends, DMI, Speedway Motors, Vortex Wings, Ostransky Farms, Select Auto, Select Auto Body, R&G Services and Industrial Plating for their continued support.

PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES -

Jack Dover Racing is close to being able to compete across the country by returning to the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour, where Dover has finished in the top 10 both seasons he has raced full time with the premier 360 sprint car series. He is also ready to compete with the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series en route to his dream of racing in NASCAR. For more information on partnership opportunities, e-mail JackDoverRacing@yahoo.com.

Back