Dover Rallies for Seventh-Place Run at Eagle Raceway During ASCS National Tour Show

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - OSBORN, Mo. (April 30, 2019) - Jack Dover had a strong charge through the field last Thursday at Eagle Raceway during his season debut behind the wheel of the Chris Bowers' owned No. 81 sprint car.

Dover and Bowers tackled a Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour event at the high-banked oval in Eagle, Neb., where a high pill draw hampered the team early in the night.

272538cb-bb95-4036-af1a-be56869d2300.jpg
"We knew we had to do something in the heat, but the track was too good," Dover said. "We got by a couple of cars and that put us in a good spot for a B Main. We won that to make the main event."

Dover rallied from last - ninth - to sixth place in a heat race before he won a B Main after starting on the outside of the front row. That lined him up 17th for the main event.

"We loosened the car up for the feature," he said. "We rode around for the first couple of laps. Once the fuel load burned off the car got better. We passed a lot of cars on the bottom. The last five or so laps we went up top and I felt like I was just as good up there. The car got a lot better as the race went on. I honestly think we were a podium car. We needed some yellows or some other things to happen, but we only had one yellow the whole race."

Dover charged to a seventh-place result. His 10 positions gained marked the third-most cars passed.

With a doubleheader at Park Jefferson International Speedway in Jefferson, S.D., rained out Dover and Bowers elected to join the ASCS National Tour at U.S. 36 Raceway on Friday.

"Friday was just one of those race days you don't want," he said. "In the heat we were doing okay. We came up on a car when a yellow came out. He checked up real fast. It was either jump his tire and wreck or rear end him. We ended up knocking the nose wing down and bending the frame. We didn't have time to adjust the car for the B Main. The car wasn't the best so we just pulled off a few laps in."

Dover placed sixth in a heat race before he exited the B Main early.

He is slated to return to action this Friday at I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Neb., with the Carpet Land Nebraska 360 Sprints. Dover won at the track earlier this month.

QUICK RESULTS -

April 25 - Eagle Raceway in Eagle, Neb. - Heat race: 6 (9); B Main: 1 (2); Feature: 7 (17).

April 26 - U.S. 36 Raceway in Osborn, Mo. - Heat race: 6 (5); B Main: DNF (6).

SEASON STATS -

5 races, 1 win, 1 top five, 3 top 10s, 3 top 15s, 4 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Friday at I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Neb., with the Carpet Land Nebraska 360 Sprints

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JackDoverRacing

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jackdoverracing?fref=ts

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Speedway Graphics

Speedway Graphics/Action Signs is a full-service sign and graphic shop specializing in vehicle graphics and commercial signs. The company has been in business since 1986 and is centrally located in Omaha, Neb. For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/Speedway-Graphics-408360385887505/ .

"Stan and everyone at Speedway Graphics have done a great job of producing great looking cars for me every year," Dover said. "They always find a way to get it done even in the last minute and I appreciate their hard work and support of our race team."

Dover would also like to thank Liquid Trucking, Carpet Land, SSS Motorsports, Certified Transmission, Moss Racing Engines, Backlund Plumbing, True Trucking, Speedway Graphics, Thorpe's Body Shop, Trail Performance Coatings Inc., Husker Diesel, Volvo Trucks of Omaha, Spike Chassis, Sway Away, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Schoenfeld Headers, Langfeldt Overhead Doors, K&N Filters, FK Rod Ends, DMI, Speedway Motors, Vortex Wings, Ostransky Farms, Select Auto, Select Auto Body, R&G Services and Industrial Plating for their continued support.

PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES -

Jack Dover Racing is close to being able to compete across the country by returning to the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour, where Dover has finished in the top 10 both seasons he has raced full time with the premier 360 sprint car series. He is also ready to compete with the World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series en route to his dream of racing in NASCAR. For more information on partnership opportunities, e-mail JackDoverRacing@yahoo.com.

Back