Driemeyer injured at Belle-Clair Speedway

Racerrod

racerrod
I was there when Driemeyer was taken away in the ambulance. Does anyone know the extent of his injuries. Sure hope he is ok. I didn't actually see this wreck happen, would like to know how it happened. Just saw the end and 3 cars blocking the track on the backstretch. As always, was great racing at Belle-Vegas!

RacerRod

rayn was in the car last night at highland and looked good the crew did a hell of a job to get car back together he was on crutches and had a ridged splint on his left foot

Ryans foot is badly bruised with a possible hairline fracture. He thought he had broken it after the wreck because he was in such extreme pain. But sometimes bruises or sprains can even be more painful than an actual brake. He hasn't been putting any weight on his foot and hopefully he'll be back to normal soon. The doctor told him no racing, but did he listen. Nope! His foot is twice the size it should normally be and completely blue. But he still managed to pull off a fast time last night. Thanks crew for getting the car back together and getting Ryan back on the track. He couldn't of done it without you guys behind him!!

Mrs. Driemeyer :D

W.A.R.88 said:
Ryans foot is badly bruised with a possible hairline fracture. He thought he had broken it after the wreck because he was in such extreme pain. But sometimes bruises or sprains can even be more painful than an actual brake. He hasn't been putting any weight on his foot and hopefully he'll be back to normal soon. The doctor told him no racing, but did he listen. Nope! His foot is twice the size it should normally be and completely blue. But he still managed to pull off a fast time last night. Thanks crew for getting the car back together and getting Ryan back on the track. He couldn't of done it without you guys behind him!!

Mrs. Driemeyer :D
I have brought this post forward because of another driver who plans to race after an injury ... This is what I posted on that thread ...

I know points and racing is important; however, I know you and others would feel VERY BAD if, due to your injury, you can't handle the car and cause injury to your fellow friend/racer.

I saw another post on here where Mrs. Driemeyer said Ryan's doctor told him NOT to race, but he did anyway. apparently the track did not ask for a doctor's release to race.

No body wants to keep another driver from driving, but the track and/or promoter will be putting himself in line for a HUGH lawsuit if he allows a racer who he knows is injured to get behind the wheel.

I don't think Chad asked for a doctor's release when Stevie Meyer returned after an injury.

Just food for thought.

The only time I ever heard of a track asking for a doctor's release was several years ago at Highland when a driver had hurt his neck or back very badly in a car accident. In most cases, the doctor will tell a driver not to race to cover his own *ss from a lawsuit. How many drivers have had their chiropractor tell them not to race? Atheletes play through pain all the time. I think Ryan's performance Saturday night indicates that he was capable of handling his race car safely.

Just to let you know Papa' Bear we spent several hours making a customized brake pedal that I could operate safely with my injury. If I thought I was putting anyone else in danger I wouldn't have done it.

Back