Drivers at Tri-City Aug. 1st?

Does anyone know of anyone else coming to the WoO race besides these??
Bloomquist
Eckert
Moyer
Schlieper
Aukland
Balzano
Francis
Frank
Hartman
Lanigan
Mcdowell
Smith
Dixon
Korte
Gundaker
Babb
O'Neal
Weaver
Any XDCS guys???? I know Birky has it on his schedule! Or any other locals???

WoO RoY drivers
Tim McCreadie
John Blankenship

Scott James-on his schedule

As for the Xtreme drivers other than Birky, just rumors including
Jimmy Mars
Donnie Moran
Earl Pearson
Matt Miller
Darren Miller

Most of the Xtreme drivers have run WoO shows this year, so drivers like Steve Shaver, Billy Drake, Steve Casebolt, John Mason, Ray Cook, and Shane Clanton are also possibilities.

i'm not counting on anybody being there outside of the dirty dozen. Anybody that shows up outside of that is just a bonus. There were alot of promises that so and so was going to be there for the SN's race and alot of them were no shows. you'll know who's going to be there when they roll through the pit gate!! And that's coming from me, who always likes to know who's going to be there beforehand!

How about Modified guys??? $1,000-to-win plus national points.

The UMP Mods put on a much better show during the Summernationals stop at TCS.

There should be some XDCS Guys there Jimmy Mars mailed me and said it depended on wether or not they tore anything up at Laselle also Birky, and Darren Miller said they are going, Also don't count out Earl Pearson jr, he ran the SN race! But like most ppl will tell you you dont know for sure till they are at the gate!

Mods on quarter mi. LMs on half MI. as far as I know.Either way it should be a great show if they have a minimum of 20 cars or so.

Yea the mods are on the quarter mile, just like the Sn race! Also i guess you cant count out Billy Drake and also forgot Billy Faust!

late mods on 1/2 mile

i plan on going and seeing what i can do , and the late models are the only ones who will be on the half mile.

This story was lifted from the WoOLM Series website: http://www.worldofoutlawslatemodelseries.com/news/040729_PRE_tricity.html

By Brian Dunlap WoO LMS Public Relations Granite City, IL (July 29, 2004) After wrapping up July’s busy World of Outlaws Late Model Series schedule the Dirty Dozen will face-off with local veterans during their first and only Illinois 2004 season appearance at the fast 1/2 mile track of Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL on Sunday, August 1st.

So far this season five feature wins have been taken from the Dirty Dozen and the country’s top late model drivers will again have their hands full with some serious local competition. Local crowd favorites such as Ed Dixon, Bert Cheatham, Randy Korte and Billy Faust will take to the dirt intent on stealing their share of the $42,000 purse from the WoO Dirty Dozen.

Three-time Tri-State Speedway Champion and late model veteran Bert Cheatham will strap into his late model to see how well he stacks up against the famous dozen. “The Dirty Dozen are the best drivers in the nation and I will try and do my best; we’ll just see what I have for them,” said Cheatham.

Late Model Hall of Fame inductee Ed Dixon will also be at Tri-City with his Bloomsdale Excavating/St Lewis Carpenters Union Monte Carlo. “We’re looking forward to running with the series, it’s a good series and a lot of the drivers are old friends,” said Dixon. “We like running at Tri-City and we’re looking forward to the level of competition the World of Outlaws brings to the track with the Dirty Dozen.”

Tri-City Speedway owner and promoter Bob Wente is looking forward to hosting the World of Outlaws Dirty Dozen to his facility. “This was a great opportunity to bring the World of Outlaws brand name back in to this market, the credibility that comes along with the World of Outlaws name is unmatched,” said Wente.

Scott Bloomquist in the #0 Miller Brothers Coal/Hawkeye Trucking/Custom Race Engines/Allstar Performance/Hoosier Tire/Sweet Manufacturing Ford Taurus has won at Tri-City before and is counting on his track experience to regain the points lead over Steve Francis in the #15 Valvoline/Mopar/Freeport Recycle Center/Action Auto Mart/Rocket Chassis Dodge Intrepid. Francis and Bloomquist have been neck-and-neck in the championship points race as the excitement of the second half of the season continues. Francis, currently only three points ahead of Bloomquist, will try to gain a more comfortable lead over the strong-running Bloomquist. Taking to the track along with Francis and Bloomquist are the rest of the 2004 WoO Dirty Dozen including:

Rick Aukland #12 Ostrom Painting & Sandblasting/Malcuit Engines Dodge Intrepid

Mike Balzano #E1 Smoker Friendly/Biscotti’s Restaurant/Eddie’s Auto Parts/Hoosier Tire/West Virginia Motor Speedway/Rocket Chassis Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Rick Eckert #24 Raye Vest Excavating/Rocket Chassis Ford Taurus

Chub Frank #1* Corry Rubber Corp/Allstar Performance/Rocket Chassis Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Bart Hartman #75 Seubert Calf Ranches/Imler's Poultry/ MCB Motorsports/Cornett Engine/Hoosier Tire/Rocket Chassis Gran Prix

Darrell Lanigan #29 Lanigan Autosports/Accutex Signs/Cornett/AFCO/GottaRace/Hoosier Tire/Rocket Chassis Ford Taurus

Dale McDowell #17M Larry Shaw Race Cars/S&H Motorsports/Dover Cylinder Head/Racetek/Petroff Towing/ J&J Steel/New Vision Graphics/Rocket Chassis Pontiac Grand Prix

Billy Moyer #21 J&J Steel/Hawkeye Trucksales.com/Mcarthy One Hour Heating and Air/Banner Valley Hauling Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Dan Schlieper #9 Miller Brothers Coal/Hawkeye Trucking/Pro Power/Rayburn Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Clint Smith #44 JP Drilling/CSR Aluminum Fabrication/Rocket Chassis Chevrolet Monte Carlo

The gates for this event will open at 5:00 p.m. and racing will begin at 7:00 p.m. Ticket information for this event can be found by visiting the track’s website at www.tricitymotorsports.com or by calling the track at 314-540-8000. Both of this weekend’s races will be featured online at www.dirtvision.com. The broadcasts are currently free of charge but you must register to enter the site. For a schedule of upcoming on demand broadcasts visit www.dirtvision.com.

Points Standings as of July 26th

Car # Driver PTS EARNINGS
1 15 Steve Francis 3214 $100,200
2 0 Scott Bloomquist 3211 $108,600
3 24 Rick Eckert 3187 $94,100
4 17M Dale McDowell 3168 $80,600
5 75 Bart Hartman 3094 $76,200
6 1* Chub Frank 3054 $74,150
7 E1 Mike Balzano 2967 $46,900
8 44 Clint Smith 2904 $36,200
9 21 Billy Moyer 2899 $34,100
10 9 Dan Schlieper 2880 $45,200