Driver's You Used to See at I-55

Ultraman

What happened to these drivers? You used to see them come in for a certain amount of races during the year. I haven't seent many return to I-55. A few may have retired like Roger Long. Does anyone know why these driver's are rarely racing at Pevely?

Kevin Weaver
Rodney Melvin
Brian Birkhoffer
Mark Oller
Stevie Shive
Terry English
Shannon Babb ( I know he is on a new team, but he still lives in Illinois and dominated I-55 when he raced)

Fell free to add to teh list of "Where are they Now". Just curious and would like to see many come back from time to time. We miss The MILKMAN too!

Many of those will show up at the Pepsi Nationals that is coming up. I always love to watch Babb run at Pevely.

Remember the "Petroff Posse", Moyer, Babb, and O'Neal...the good old days. :rolleyes:

weaver has been there a couple of times rodney melvin once shive has been thre a couple time birky won't come unless it pays 10 k mark oller is arunning a crate at mount vernon onsat night

if im not mistaken, shive has been at pevely several times this season. melvin birky and babb i dont know about as well as oller. i see him fridays at granite city but thats about it.

but heres a name some older racing fans might remember. BERT CHEATHAM. the two time late model champ at i55. i know he left and raced at lebanon but then went back to dirt at pevely. last i heard he won the 2000 late model title at granite city but i havent heard anything since then. anybody heard about him last few years?

shannon babb is running the World of Outlaws series this year, i would imagine he will be there for the pepsi nationals. i think Melvin is running a limited schedule this year. Weaver is just running money shows from what i could tell but I think he has been there at least once this year. I bet Birkhofer is at the pepsi nationals too

Oller's been running Mt. Vernon on Saturdays, in his crate. Birkhofer's a big show driver, he's not going to show up at Pevely unless there's some serious money up for grabs. Weaver shows up a few times a year, but for the last few years, has tended to stay closer to home. Babb's doing the WoO thing. Billy Drake is doing Lucas Oil.

but heres a name some older racing fans might remember. BERT CHEATHAM. the two time late model champ at i55. i know he left and raced at lebanon but then went back to dirt at pevely. last i heard he won the 2000 late model title at granite city but i havent heard anything since then. anybody heard about him last few years?

Bert Cheatum ran at Pevely a couple of times several years ago. Though he always ran good at I-55 in a Late Model and a Limited Sportsmen he was never a Late Model champion there. I think he won several at Tri-City.

Seen Steve Shive several times the last few years, it just seems he can't have anything but bad luck.

Does anyone remember Bo "Superfly" (I just went blank for the last name). Was it Smith?

Does Fireball still race?

Do you all remember when modifieds were the top class. I used to watch Dixon, Hammerle and Klein fight for the features.

Many of those will show up at the Pepsi Nationals that is coming up. I always love to watch Babb run at Pevely.

Remember the "Petroff Posse", Moyer, Babb, and O'Neal...the good old days. :rolleyes:

I do remember the Petroff Posse. O'Neal used to come down often too. I always like watching BOB PIERCE The "Tall Cool One" race. One of the best "people" person you will ever meet.

Bert Cheatum ran at Pevely a couple of times several years ago. Though he always ran good at I-55 in a Late Model and a Limited Sportsmen he was never a Late Model champion there. I think he won several at Tri-City.

Seen Steve Shive several times the last few years, it just seems he can't have anything but bad luck.

thats right i meant tri city. i think he won in 88 and again in 00. but thanks for the updates

Back