Dwarf cars

axeman

In the thread regarding Up and Coming drivers for 2004 Millsey said there would be five classes of cars, among them Dwarf cars. Did I miss the announcement on that? Or, will the Dwarfs be only an occasional thing? If they are going to be a regular/weekly thing I'll need to start thinking about busting open my piggy bank and getting in on the action!

to you

yes it will be every week. and also good money with it with right car count. looking forward to seeing you guys race down there..#5 "the wolf"

Dwarf Cars for SALE!

DWARF CARS FOR SALE!

#41 ’32 CHEV PICK-UP – Southern Missouri Dwarf Car champion in 2001 & 2002, runner-up in 2003. Pro-Chassis – factory built, Powered by Suzuki GSXR 1100 water-cooled, Autometer
gauges with recall tach, Kirkey seat, Wilwood brakes, Stilleto rack, Afco torque link, K&N filters, Pro shocks, 3 gear sets, extra front suspension including spindles, Hoosier tires, spare wheels & tires, Superior axle,S&S headrer/muffler, $7500 (636)337-4492

#141 ’34 FORD SEDAN – Dwarf Car Co. body & frame, Powered by Suzuki GSXR 1100w, Autometer re-call tach, D&M Pro seat, Pro shocks, Esek rack & pinion, K&N filter, 3 gear sets, Hoosier tires with numerous spares, Superior axles (both), needs 2nd gear repaired. $4500 (636)337-4492

#411 ’34 CHEV SEDAN – Dwarf Car Co. body & frame, Powered by Honda CBR 900RR, Uni filters, Pro shocks, S&S header/muffler, Ultra-shield seat, 3 gear sets, Superior axles (both), needs
2nd gear repaired and minor suspension repairs, Hoosier tires with numerous spares. $3500 (636)337-4492

Also have 40' Gooseneck Enclosed trailer for sale &
Margay racing "dirt" cart with cage and LOTS of extra parts ($800 or best offer)

Can someone tell me if the the dwarfs with aluminum bodies (modified lites I guess they call them) race with the original dwarfs. Also what is the minimum age for someone to race. Thanks Hobson Motorsports.

Normally the Mod lites and the Classics do race together. As far as the age goes, normally 16 is the minimum age, but younger may be allowed if signed waiver from parents, and approval from track and sanctioning body.

Doe Run Raceway has successfully campaigned the dwarfcar/modlite class for two seasons. We have around 15 cars per night there and the payout is good. There is a good atmosphere among the racers there too. Everyone helps each other out, we get alot of enjoyment from the class.

We do race both body types together. Aside of the Mod-lites being newer, there really isn't any difference between the two other than body panels and a little elbow room. For all intents and purposes, the chassis are the same and a few of the guys we race with actually have both body types for their cars.

This is the rule on age requirements for the class(at Doe Run)

"Drivers must be a minimum of 14 years of age. All drivers under the age of 18 must have a copy of birth certificate or driver’s license and release form signed by both parents on file before being allowed to compete."

And also for Body Styles

"1928-1948 American made production vehicles only. 5/8” scale two door sedans, coupes or pickup trucks are to be known as Classic Modified body styles. Modified appearing body styles such as IMCA or DIRT modified are to be known as Modified Lite. All chassis specifications are the same for both body styles."

Both racing styles are fine at Fredericktown. It's my understanding they are looking at between 12 to 17 cars there a night. Our payout is better than at other area tracks.

Not if you are winning alot. Only if you finish in the back all the time or middle of the pack. Not that I would care, my car always seems to end up back there anyhow........

I"ll put it this way, the OVERALL payout..... LOL... Keep on pluggin' Randy... You'll get there...

Thanks for the info guys. Going to have to wait another year. I have a son that is getting bored with go karts and is wanting something more exciting. Thought dwarf cars would be good for him to start and learn before he takes over old dads modified and leaves me in the pits lol.

Maybe you ought to consider a mini stock for him. The cars/trucks are VERY safe and are an excellent for beginners. At Fredericktown the kids can be as young as 13. Vehicles are not that expensive (unless you just go crazy buying everything brand new) and there are some cars nearly complete that you can purchase for $1,200 to $2,000. Complete rules on the mini stocks can be found at www.ramsministocks.net Check it out..

Get where, I helped start weekly racing for the dwarfcars at ONE track....

What happened to the proposed 30 cars that would be there?

I really had to laugh when I heard that I might be there because my track wouldn't be running this class anymore. Doe Run is alive and well and WILL be racing dwarfcars there in 04, despite what was stated at the rules meeting for racing the "rock"

So where were these cars all coming from?:confused: SMDC?

And is the pay guaranteed? I ask this because I heard about something fishy that happened there at the end of the season last year that would have turned my nose against the "Rock" if I didn't already have a track to race weekly on Friday nights. I have never had to race without getting paid at my track, nor have I ever even had to worry about it, we always get paid the proposed amount and it isn't entirely dependant on the number of cars we have there only that we have enough to constitute a "class" and we have more than enough to do that. I wish you guys well in 04, I just don't see there being that many cars that will show at the "rock".

Nice plug for the RAMS, Jeff. Get 'em while their young.....LOL

Hey Drifter.......ever thought about a 600 multi for the boy? He could race one of them now. Alot of places will allow them at 12yrs of age. There are several tracks in Missouri and Illinois where they race these cars including Doe Run, SFCR, Pike Co., Jacksonville, etc.

I wish you guys well in 04, I just don't see there being that many cars that will show at the "rock".

Randy Horton Jr.-
Dwarfer @ Doe Run Raceway

Randy, we had a group of the dwarf guys come to us complaining about the treatment they had been receiving at Doe Run and asked as a group if they could come and race at Fredericktown during the 2004 season. I've never personally talked to "the group" as was described to me, I only talked with one very disgruntled individual and his wife. It was the group that spoke with Terry and made the arrangements. He even spoke with them again as of Tuesday afternoon. I've NEVER heard of a possible 30 car count. That sounds like somebody just trying to stir it up. And as far as the pay goes, yes it's guarenteed, and it's quite a bit more than they were paid in the past. However they decide to pay it is their decision, but the money is there and is a sizeable increase. I will tell you this also, they will be on probation at the start. Here's what he's paying them:
DWARF CARS:
20 & more:
$70 per

15-19
$60 per

10-14
$50 per

9 & under
$40 per

I completely and totally would understand why somebody would have those problems that were described to me though because it brought back memories of what we had to endure when we raced there.
And finally, no we never had a problem at all with payout at Fredericktown during 2003. Nothing at all.

sizeable increase? dependant on car count.

60 per car for 15-19 cars is not a sizeable increase, maybe a small increase. And it is no increase for smaller counts. For the payout I hope you have 20+ then it might be worth the extra road time to drive down there for a rainout....

At least one of the guys who wanted to go to the rock, wasn't contacted and made aware of the rules meeting and I would presume that the others weren't contacted either as they would have contacted him to let him know. Apparently you weren't going to find out unless you have the "net" and STLRacing.com.

The "30" cars was supposedly stated at this rules meeting. As was the statement that DRR would not be racing dwarfcars.

I disagree with the statement that it "sounds like somebody just trying to stir it up" when this info came from multiple sources.

I've endured better or equal treatment at Doe Run than I have at any track I've been too. Even during angered discussions with those who run the joint. We can't all, always get along.

Once again, good luck in 04'. Anything to build up these 'affordable, fast, and fun racecars in our area is a positive for those of us who drive them.

And Jeff....
Thanks for giving up some time to answer the questions I had. I'll leave you guys alone now.

No problem at all.. I hope everything goes well for you guys this year. How cool would it be that everyone just got along and worked together instead of arguing and working against each other. Take care..

Maybe.....

A little north versus south action late on......:D

I heard a rumor that would produce an even playing ground for a dwarfcar rumble. I'll keep you posted.;)

You know what else we could do..! We could have the RAMS vs. the DAMS... LOL.... Get it... (Doe Run Area Mini Stocks)... LOL...

Back