Dwarf Cars

Are the Dwarf Cars going to be back at SFC before the end of the season? Because i would really like to see them out there again. Those things are pretty cool. :D

Careful John, Tatersalad might tell you how slow our cars are. He couldn't believe that we can run 100mph in these cars. LMAO! How fast was Poplar Bluff? Didn't they radar at over 110mph there on the straightaways? (I actually heard it was closer to 120 at the end of the straights....)

dwarfs

yes, poplar bluff was close to 120, and i cant remember but my average at pevely was like 112 or something like that, and at nebraska i was running close to or around 130-135mph on the straights! thats no lie! they are fast cars!!!!!

and also when i was at west plains, i was on the track with about 15 modifieds, and once i got going there was not one that could outrun me!!!

I'm not putting down your cars as I respect any class of race cars but you averaged 112 MPH at Pevely? That has to be a low 9 second lap at Pevely.

Man they must be fast as the World of Outlaw sprints track record is 10.1 I believe. Average speed is only 98 MPH.

Dwarfs Cars

I am pretty sure that he is just talking about the straights. The Mod Lites don't have a big motor to take them around the corners like the world of outlaws. But they will fly down the straights as I have seen. Its some good racing and fun to watch.

8*mod*lite*8

I was just curious because I knew that they had a street bike motor in them but I didn’t know what they run in. I didn’t mean to offended you are anything.

The Pevely track records are

Sprints...Stevie Smith 10.189 which is 110.906 average

Late Models...Donnie Moran 12.803

Your right your cars are fast but there is no way you did 130-135 mph in one.

The sprints barely do that at Tri-city on the half mile.

Well tri city must not be a very fast 1/2 mile. but nebraska raceway park is, and the mod lites were running as fast as the dodge nascar late models. and i run a zx12 with 3.58 gears in 3rd gear and hit the rev limiter just before the end of the straightaway. i was running 135mph we had it figured!!!!

You can get still get remarkable speed from a smaller engine because of the higher rpms. Tri-city is not much off of Knoxville raceway as far as the sprint cars, it's just a little flatter in the corners which scrubs off a little speed. I think you're mainly talking about hitting that speed for a brief time(probably at the end of the straights). I'm sure the weight to horsepower ratio has alot to do with the speed also. The dwarf cars don't slide as much in the corners which helps maintain some of the momentum unlike the sprints that spend most of their time sideways. Come on guys you can't compare an 800hp, 410ci sprint car motor to a 1200cc motorcycle engine. That's just silly.

Why not compare them.....Tatersalad needs to know how fast we are! LOL

And besides I like turning the track faster than anything but sprints, latemodels, and a few modifieds for less money than they have in the lower end of their motors.....hehehe

And just think, he was ONLY in third gear, LOL. Still had three more but ran out of racetrack.....
For those who doubt, there have been dwarfcars reaching 160mph on roadcoarses, racing with the SCCA. I know it doesn't seem like they could, but these are real racecars not go-carts or toys. Three link rear suspension, disc brakes on all 4, coil-over shocks and a 12,500 rpm engine that makes anywhere from 95 horse power to 200 horse and they weigh in at 1200+ pounds. If we ran soft tires like the latemodels and Sprints do, these cars would probably be another second or so faster.

I can believe them going 160 mph on an asphalt road course. It's not that tough to do 160 mph with a half mile long straight to wind out on. Were talking about small dirt tracks here so we can't compare that to the road course.

Sprint 800 horsepower 1200 pounds that would equal 1.5 pounds for each horsepower. Dwarf 200 horsepower 1200 pounds would equal 6 pounds for each horsepower. The sprint engine produces 700 foot pounds of torque to get it up to speed quickly. The 1200 only produces 80 foot pounds of torque.

Your argument is like trying to convince people that you can throw a shotput as far and as fast as a baseball!

The spec right rear sprint tires at Farmington durometer right around 40.

Glad to see Tater has fans too. There is no argument the 160 wasn't a comparison to a local ring it was just a fact about the speed that can be acheived in one of these cars. I clearly stated that we are a little slower than your "baseball", but for a fraction of a cost I'll take the shotput. It is still fun and challenging to race them.

The old dwarfcar tires were about 50 duro, and around a 40 to 45 now. There have been some around 35 when brand new, but they harden with heat cycles. And they have to be on all 4 for us, rather than just the RR. If we had tires like most sprints or midgets, they really would increase the speed. Even though we lack the power of a sprintcar, you can still blitz the tires most anywhere on the track with the current tires. The power is STILL more than the current tires can handle.

You guys are taking my posts way to serious........ ;)

Back